Ford Fairmont & Mercury Zephyr Owners and Enthusiast
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ford Fairmont & Mercury Zephyr Owners and Enthusiast

Scince : Jan 1st/2001 Orig.Fairmont 302 Forum Scince: Nov 8th/2008

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Like/Tweet
Latest topics
» '78 and '79 Fairmont and Zephyr ES
well its back together. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2022 11:19 pm by GrantBB

» Stymees'mont / Eric'c Fairmonts
well its back together. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2022 11:44 pm by GrantBB

» Window Weather Stripping
well its back together. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2022 2:06 am by GrantBB

» Fairmont at Nelson Ledges Road Course
well its back together. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2021 6:32 pm by GrantBB

» Latest track day video: Summit Point Shenandoah
well its back together. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2021 11:14 pm by GrantBB

» Back in the Fairmont saddle again.
well its back together. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2021 12:38 am by GrantBB

» New to the Group Texasfairmont from south Texas
well its back together. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2021 1:49 am by GrantBB

» 20 years of Fairmont 302
well its back together. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2021 7:45 pm by Stymees'mont

» Keep it or Scrap It ?
well its back together. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2020 3:50 pm by Red 78'

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
free forum

Similar topics

well its back together.

Go down 
+2
fastazz40th
Futurama
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Futurama

Futurama

well its back together. Empty
PostSubject: well its back together.   well its back together. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 2:01 pm

got the futura fixed and back on the road finally. little too cold to drive it during christmas right now since it has no heater. but no big deal. now i just need a battery i dont have to jump start it off with. maybe santa will bring me one.

anyone else getting a fairmont gift for christmas.
Back to top Go down
fastazz40th

fastazz40th

PostSubject: Re: well its back together.   well its back together. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 2:45 pm

Have ya been naughty or nice ?
Whats wrong with the heater ?
Back to top Go down
Futurama

Futurama

PostSubject: Re: well its back together.   well its back together. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 10:57 pm

dont ask me if ive been naughty fag!!!!! jk

oh yeah and what heater? lol. its a race car Rolling Eyes not really. i will post up the whole story in a bit.
Back to top Go down
Revolution909

Revolution909

PostSubject: Re: well its back together.   well its back together. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 12:55 pm

LOL!

I have a brand new heater core in my race car, but no heater hoses lol.

I dont think i am getting a thing for my mont for xmas. But after xmas the parts buying begins Very Happy
Back to top Go down
z7turbo

z7turbo

PostSubject: Re: well its back together.   well its back together. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 8:00 pm

Futurama wrote:
got the futura fixed and back on the road finally. little too cold to drive it during christmas right now since it has no heater. but no big deal. now i just need a battery i dont have to jump start it off with. maybe santa will bring me one.

anyone else getting a fairmont gift for christmas.
It doesn't get cold in Texas.
Back to top Go down
Jerry H.

PostSubject: Re: well its back together.   well its back together. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 10:00 pm

Next stop Kdale

Jerry H
Back to top Go down
bigblockcowboy

bigblockcowboy

PostSubject: Re: well its back together.   well its back together. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 2:15 am

Bought myself a really nice z7 for christmas. 800 bucks. Will post pics when the weather and my camera decide to cooperate lol!
Back to top Go down
Futurama

Futurama

PostSubject: Re: well its back together.   well its back together. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 3:49 pm

this all started with a buddy of mine. said buddy of mine is no longer a buddy. i use to let him race to car since he always helped me work on it and use his tools that i didnt have. we went to the track several months ago and he launched the car and when going into 2nd gear it seemed the was no power. he said he would fix it when he got time. he started cheating on his wife, got a divorce and shacked up with the slut he was cheating with. he then refused to fix it and the friendship was lost. after a few months of sitting, i finally diagnosed that it was indeed the clutch. this is after having to take a sawzall to the driveshaft because it was completly stuck in there and would not move. affraid
this made me think the tranny was locked up WHICH PISSED ME OFF because i have a Gforce racing T5. I got the tranny out, took it to the guy that built it for me and he said it was fine, and that my clutch was bad. i go back home and find that the clutch disc is welded to the flywheel and had to use a crowbar to get the fucker off. flywheel had to be turned .40 which is not a real good thing to do or so i have heard.
at this point i a BROKE and can barley afford a clutch, and finding a cheap 26spline clutch is impossible. i got lucky and a friend found me a clutch fronm a parts store. THIS is the scary part. the clutch is NOT a autozone/carquest/store brand clutch, but it CAME in a carquest box. my friend could not tell me where he got this MYSTERY clutch so i am scared to race the car with it in there. but i needed to get the damn fairmont back on the road so i went ahead and installed it.

as it sits right now everything is ok dokey, i took it out for a little drive and every thing seems fine. i still neeed to finish breaking it in and also get it up to 70-90mph and make sure there are no odd vibrations that wouldnt normally be there on a 30 year old car with solid mounts on everything.
I have decided to break the car in VERY throughly and then go ahead and push my luck at the track. AFter all i would rather the clutch break than anything else so if it goes it goes and i will save up and put something better in by the spring. but who knows, this IS a valeo pressure plate and disc so i am thinking it is the generic RAM/ford racing clutch that you get from the speed shop. only time will tell if it can hold up to a 408W Suspect

Jerry H. wrote:
Next stop Kdale

Jerry H
you aint lieing. soon as i get the clutch broken in .
Back to top Go down
z7turbo

z7turbo

PostSubject: Re: well its back together.   well its back together. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 11:43 pm

Futurama wrote:
this all started with a buddy of mine. said buddy of mine is no longer a buddy. i use to let him race to car since he always helped me work on it and use his tools that i didnt have. we went to the track several months ago and he launched the car and when going into 2nd gear it seemed the was no power. he said he would fix it when he got time. he started cheating on his wife, got a divorce and shacked up with the slut he was cheating with. he then refused to fix it and the friendship was lost. after a few months of sitting, i finally diagnosed that it was indeed the clutch. this is after having to take a sawzall to the driveshaft because it was completly stuck in there and would not move. affraid
this made me think the tranny was locked up WHICH PISSED ME OFF because i have a Gforce racing T5. I got the tranny out, took it to the guy that built it for me and he said it was fine, and that my clutch was bad. i go back home and find that the clutch disc is welded to the flywheel and had to use a crowbar to get the fucker off. flywheel had to be turned .40 which is not a real good thing to do or so i have heard.
at this point i a BROKE and can barley afford a clutch, and finding a cheap 26spline clutch is impossible. i got lucky and a friend found me a clutch fronm a parts store. THIS is the scary part. the clutch is NOT a autozone/carquest/store brand clutch, but it CAME in a carquest box. my friend could not tell me where he got this MYSTERY clutch so i am scared to race the car with it in there. but i needed to get the damn fairmont back on the road so i went ahead and installed it.

as it sits right now everything is ok dokey, i took it out for a little drive and every thing seems fine. i still neeed to finish breaking it in and also get it up to 70-90mph and make sure there are no odd vibrations that wouldnt normally be there on a 30 year old car with solid mounts on everything.
I have decided to break the car in VERY throughly and then go ahead and push my luck at the track. AFter all i would rather the clutch break than anything else so if it goes it goes and i will save up and put something better in by the spring. but who knows, this IS a valeo pressure plate and disc so i am thinking it is the generic RAM/ford racing clutch that you get from the speed shop. only time will tell if it can hold up to a 408W Suspect

Jerry H. wrote:
Next stop Kdale

Jerry H
you aint lieing. soon as i get the clutch broken in .

I recomend a Spec stage 3 for your car. It's a little pricey, but you wont be disappointed.
Back to top Go down
Futurama

Futurama

PostSubject: Re: well its back together.   well its back together. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 1:02 am

thats exactly the clutch that melted. i think i will steer clear of it again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: well its back together.   well its back together. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

well its back together.
Page 1 of 1