Ford Fairmont & Mercury Zephyr Owners and Enthusiast
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ford Fairmont & Mercury Zephyr Owners and Enthusiast

Scince : Jan 1st/2001 Orig.Fairmont 302 Forum Scince: Nov 8th/2008

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Like/Tweet
Latest topics
» '78 and '79 Fairmont and Zephyr ES
Got My Car Back! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2022 11:19 pm by GrantBB

» Stymees'mont / Eric'c Fairmonts
Got My Car Back! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2022 11:44 pm by GrantBB

» Window Weather Stripping
Got My Car Back! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2022 2:06 am by GrantBB

» Fairmont at Nelson Ledges Road Course
Got My Car Back! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2021 6:32 pm by GrantBB

» Latest track day video: Summit Point Shenandoah
Got My Car Back! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2021 11:14 pm by GrantBB

» Back in the Fairmont saddle again.
Got My Car Back! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2021 12:38 am by GrantBB

» New to the Group Texasfairmont from south Texas
Got My Car Back! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2021 1:49 am by GrantBB

» 20 years of Fairmont 302
Got My Car Back! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2021 7:45 pm by Stymees'mont

» Keep it or Scrap It ?
Got My Car Back! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2020 3:50 pm by Red 78'

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
free forum

Similar topics

Got My Car Back!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ZephyrEFI

ZephyrEFI

Got My Car Back! Empty
PostSubject: Got My Car Back!   Got My Car Back! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 10:06 am

Thought i'd repost this here, since it really didn't get a chance at the other site. Yes, i am formerly known as ZephyrIRS.

My car has been festering in my garage for something like 4 years now. I get busy or run into a bad snag and it sits. I've made it to Car Craft Summer Nats every year, but the time i spend with it outside of that has been pretty slim the past couple of years. I brought it to a guy i know to have my AOD issues completely sorted out, finally. I've just had some bad luck with transmissions, and that's always been a source of frustration. But that will be completely done now, which is GREAT. I'm pretty excited about the car again and i'm going to do as much as i can on it this fall to get it done in the spring. What I have left is replace the Cobra springs I had in the front that didn't work out with some GT ones, swap out the stock rear with an 8.8 i have with disc brakes, get my 4.10s in, plumb the brakes, and get an exhaust on there. Very do-able! I'm shooting for having it done for my wedding in May.

Spring should go in this weekend, in 30 degree weather.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2286370
Stymees'mont

Stymees'mont

Got My Car Back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got My Car Back!   Got My Car Back! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 9:37 pm

Cool,
Glad you have it back. Tobad its been cold and snowy here!
Back to top Go down
http://fast-fairmonts.weebly.com/index.html
ZephyrEFI

ZephyrEFI

Got My Car Back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got My Car Back!   Got My Car Back! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 9:48 am

Yeah, i had to drive it back on salted roads, so i'll have to wash it ASAP too... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Jerry H.

Got My Car Back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got My Car Back!   Got My Car Back! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 4:56 am

Your 79 Z looks great, is that silver a factoy color? Ive got another project vehical that needs paint, that silver color would look good on. You mentioned your AOD, I understand the later the AOD you can put in the better. How many miles have you put on the 5 .0 since you put it in? Yeah be sure to update that rear end

Jerry H.
Back to top Go down
ZephyrEFI

ZephyrEFI

Got My Car Back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got My Car Back!   Got My Car Back! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 1:40 pm

As far as i know, it's the original color. Although most ESs i've seen pictures of have flat black below the rubber strip. I also know the hood and top of the fenders have been repainted. So it's possible it was a different color from the factory. Although it was owned by an old guy who traded it in on a Hyundai, so probably not. haha

Yeah the tranny guy gave me all the beefed up AOD components, so i should be good to go. The front springs are in (what a b*tch!) and i'm going to work on the rear this weekend. I'll post pics for sure with all 4 bullitts if i get that far.

Edit: The odometer reads 50,000 something, so that could mean 150,000 miles on the drivetrain. i'm not sure about what all was modified or changed on the donor car though. I've only put about 500 miles on it since the swap. i've always had a bad tranny or some other reason why i couldn't drive it regularly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Got My Car Back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got My Car Back!   Got My Car Back! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Got My Car Back!
Page 1 of 1