Ford Fairmont & Mercury Zephyr Owners and Enthusiast
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ford Fairmont & Mercury Zephyr Owners and Enthusiast

Scince : Jan 1st/2001 Orig.Fairmont 302 Forum Scince: Nov 8th/2008

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Like/Tweet
Latest topics
» '78 and '79 Fairmont and Zephyr ES
Who has more than one project car? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2022 11:19 pm by GrantBB

» Stymees'mont / Eric'c Fairmonts
Who has more than one project car? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2022 11:44 pm by GrantBB

» Window Weather Stripping
Who has more than one project car? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2022 2:06 am by GrantBB

» Fairmont at Nelson Ledges Road Course
Who has more than one project car? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2021 6:32 pm by GrantBB

» Latest track day video: Summit Point Shenandoah
Who has more than one project car? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2021 11:14 pm by GrantBB

» Back in the Fairmont saddle again.
Who has more than one project car? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2021 12:38 am by GrantBB

» New to the Group Texasfairmont from south Texas
Who has more than one project car? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2021 1:49 am by GrantBB

» 20 years of Fairmont 302
Who has more than one project car? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2021 7:45 pm by Stymees'mont

» Keep it or Scrap It ?
Who has more than one project car? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2020 3:50 pm by Red 78'

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
free forum

Similar topics

Who has more than one project car?

Go down 
+6
detroitiron2000
rancheronut
ZEPHYR MIKE
Revolution909
Futurama
z7turbo
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
z7turbo

z7turbo

Who has more than one project car? Empty
PostSubject: Who has more than one project car?   Who has more than one project car? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 12:58 am

I do... I know this is a place for us fairmont and zephyr owners, but let see what everones got....I'll start. This is my 76 maverick. It was basically someones abandoned attempt at building a drag car. I bought around 10 years ago, and chose to stop working on it until I can afford to properly resurect it. In the pics you'll see the tube structure I built to support the front sheet metal, and no the strut mounts are not permanent.
as it sits today.
Who has more than one project car? 100_1998
Who has more than one project car? 000_0007
Who has more than one project car? 000_0008
Who has more than one project car? 000_0009

Plans for the car are...full body restoration, either a cal trac or ladderbar rear suspension, and a turbocharged 460.
Thanks for looking,
Bryan
Back to top Go down
Futurama

Futurama

PostSubject: Re: Who has more than one project car?   Who has more than one project car? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 10:21 am

ugh, one fairmont is enough of a money pit, you must be a Baller
Back to top Go down
Revolution909

Revolution909

PostSubject: Re: Who has more than one project car?   Who has more than one project car? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 11:15 am

I have two fairmont projects...
Back to top Go down
z7turbo

z7turbo

PostSubject: Re: Who has more than one project car?   Who has more than one project car? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 6:27 pm

Futurama wrote:
ugh, one fairmont is enough of a money pit, you must be a Baller

If I were Baller, I would have paid to have all the work done, and I would have bought all of the parts. As you see, I make almost all of my parts. I just really like both of these cars and refuse to sell either of them......Baller, that's a funny word. It's all good yo!
Back to top Go down
Futurama

Futurama

PostSubject: Re: Who has more than one project car?   Who has more than one project car? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 6:38 pm

i wish i had a welder and some stock to play with , but im limited on garage space. most of the work ive done has been at other peoples places with air tools and shit i dont have here. friends are the best tool you can have in this hobby
Back to top Go down
z7turbo

z7turbo

PostSubject: Re: Who has more than one project car?   Who has more than one project car? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 6:58 pm

Futurama wrote:
i wish i had a welder and some stock to play with , but im limited on garage space. most of the work ive done has been at other peoples places with air tools and shit i dont have here. friends are the best tool you can have in this hobby

My only fab tools are my grinder/cutoff tool, welder, an assortment of drills, and a few BFH's. I usually work solo,but I do utilize my friends when it comes to parts....we do A LOT of bartering around here.
Back to top Go down
ZEPHYR MIKE

ZEPHYR MIKE

PostSubject: Re: Who has more than one project car?   Who has more than one project car? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 12:53 am

I HAVE 2 1980 WAGON PROJECTS, 4 Z7 2 DOORS PROJECTS, A 68 MUSTANG FASTBACK BASKET CASE, AND A LOT MORE
Back to top Go down
z7turbo

z7turbo

PostSubject: Re: Who has more than one project car?   Who has more than one project car? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 6:13 am

ZEPHYR MIKE wrote:
I HAVE 2 1980 WAGON PROJECTS, 4 Z7 2 DOORS PROJECTS, A 68 MUSTANG FASTBACK BASKET CASE, AND A LOT MORE

I would have just at least this many cars if I had the room. I don't think my neighborhood association would approve if I did.
Back to top Go down
rancheronut

rancheronut

PostSubject: Re: Who has more than one project car?   Who has more than one project car? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 1:34 am

here some of mine. i work on one for while,then i need something for it or i find parts for one of the onther .so i stop on that one ,then go to the one i got a part for and work on it . back and forth .that why i call it my tharapy room.

tharapy room on left side car parts store on right
Who has more than one project car? P5060314-copy

inside the tharapy room;
Who has more than one project car? Casper-004

Who has more than one project car? Casper-002

inside the car parts room;
this photo of cars ( on the right side )that i'm working on ar some point and time.
Who has more than one project car? Shop-009

here photo of left side
Who has more than one project car? Shop-008
Back to top Go down
z7turbo

z7turbo

PostSubject: Re: Who has more than one project car?   Who has more than one project car? Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 11:57 am

Lately I've been looking for the right father/son project. With having 4 kids...3 are girls, I feel my sons neeeds as far as time spent is somewhat neglected when compared to all of the female drama/crisis in the house. I know exactly how he feels...I too have 3 sisters and no brothers. I finally found the right buggy project for the 2 of us to work on/restore. It's an older sandrail....I'm not exactly sure if it's homebuilt or an altered factory built chassis. What I mean by altered is, it doesn't have your typical vw rear suspension. It's been modified to accept an olds toronado/cadillac eldorado drivetrain.....yes, it was once powered by an olds 455......sick huh? I'm actually working on picking up a 76 eldorado for the driveline.....yes, a 500 caddy motor! If everything works out, I'm going to refab the entire rear suspension....as you can see by the pics....Idea was good, but a total hackjob. Plans for the rear are building a removeable engine cradle that will allow me to remove the engine/trans and suspension all at the same time. Engine will be left totally stock. If the eldorado deal falls through...I've been thinking about an early taurus sho, or possibly 3.8 ford winstar drivetrain.....not sure.
Who has more than one project car? PICT0018
Who has more than one project car? PICT0003
Who has more than one project car? PICT0002

Last edited by z7turbo on Sun May 03, 2009 12:06 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : text)
Back to top Go down
z7turbo

z7turbo

PostSubject: Re: Who has more than one project car?   Who has more than one project car? Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 12:04 pm

Here's a few more pics....nascar stylin
Who has more than one project car? PICT0014

Looks like one too many beers before welding these bars up!.....ahh close enough!
Who has more than one project car? PICT0007

Here's a picture of the hacked up rear suspension
Who has more than one project car? PICT0010
Back to top Go down
detroitiron2000

detroitiron2000

PostSubject: Re: Who has more than one project car?   Who has more than one project car? Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 9:54 pm

I love it! What a great project. Keep posting this one. And I thought the Toronado powered CJ7 I saw one time was crazy!
Back to top Go down
z7turbo

z7turbo

PostSubject: Re: Who has more than one project car?   Who has more than one project car? Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 11:26 pm

Will do...my boy is really getting into it....I've had him disassembling the buggy....he's really getting into it. I've been guiding HIM through the diassembly process. When it comes time, he's actually going to learn how to weld on his first project....I'm going to start him out small like showing him how to fabricate and weld on brackets...once he's confident, I'll have him work on bigger things....the chassis is all mine though. This is a great way to get an 11yr old kid away from video games !
Back to top Go down
Aug

Aug

PostSubject: Re: Who has more than one project car?   Who has more than one project car? Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 3:47 pm

I certainly am hoping that you intend to redesign the entire rear suspension.

Wow.

It's no wonder the name is "Widow Maker"

By the way, kudos to your wife for allowing you to buy something for you and your son to play with that is called "the Widow Maker." Maybe she's trying to tell you something.

Later,
Mike.
Back to top Go down
z7turbo

z7turbo

PostSubject: Re: Who has more than one project car?   Who has more than one project car? Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 5:25 pm

Aug wrote:
I certainly am hoping that you intend to redesign the entire rear suspension.

Wow.

It's no wonder the name is "Widow Maker"

By the way, kudos to your wife for allowing you to buy something for you and your son to play with that is called "the Widow Maker." Maybe she's trying to tell you something.

Later,
Mike.
My plans are to cut the entire back half of the buggy off and start from scratch. The rear suspension was the first thing I noticed....total hack job!! It was only $200 bucks though. I bet it handled like nothing else!
Back to top Go down
z7turbo

z7turbo

PostSubject: Re: Who has more than one project car?   Who has more than one project car? Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 11:45 pm

Here's acouple of pics of my son hard at work ripping out all of the old wiring harness.

Who has more than one project car? 100_2171
Who has more than one project car? 100_2167
Back to top Go down
bigblockcowboy

bigblockcowboy

PostSubject: Re: Who has more than one project car?   Who has more than one project car? Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 8:28 pm

Good to see him getting into this project! Have you decided on a powerplant yet?
Back to top Go down
z7turbo

z7turbo

PostSubject: Re: Who has more than one project car?   Who has more than one project car? Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 5:23 pm

I want to keep it relatively simple...I have leads on a 1976 cadillac eldorado parts car....500ci caddy would be really bad ass if it were all me thats the route that I definately take, BUT I want this to be fairly tame so my son can learn how to drive and respect it while we take it offroading....I don't want to scare him from driving it. On that note I'm also leaning towards a fwd audi, which I've had to tell my inner child is the most sensible thing to do.
Back to top Go down
Revolution909

Revolution909

PostSubject: Re: Who has more than one project car?   Who has more than one project car? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 3:15 pm

Thats cool as hell man! I would like a baja bug or a dune buggy later on in life Very Happy
Back to top Go down
z7turbo

z7turbo

PostSubject: Re: Who has more than one project car?   Who has more than one project car? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 11:12 pm

The buggy has been put on the back burner till late fall, or until the zephyr is running...shouldn't be too long. I just need to finish drivers side header.

I'm considering stretching the buggy about 12" to accomodate a 460 and c6 combo, along with a late model t-bird independant rear suspension....should be interesting once I get cutting. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Revolution909

Revolution909

PostSubject: Re: Who has more than one project car?   Who has more than one project car? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 10:22 am

This is my VW project, its my sisters 73 super beetle. We have been working mostly on the engine, but now we have floorpans for it and can start pulling the body off of the pan.

Who has more than one project car? 066
Who has more than one project car? 007-1
Back to top Go down
fox81

PostSubject: Re: Who has more than one project car?   Who has more than one project car? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 11:39 am

Sweet lookin Beetle, I've kinda been wanting one recently...along with an older F100, but ya can't have them all.

What are the plans for it?
Back to top Go down
Revolution909

Revolution909

PostSubject: Re: Who has more than one project car?   Who has more than one project car? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 1:46 pm

I too would love an older f100, once I get out of college i will be buying one Very Happy I want a 60's 4x4.

The bug is going to be painted a butter yellow(or something like that) and be mostly stock. Its getting a complete restoration, with new everything. The only parts that will have come with the original bug will have been the engine block and main body.
Back to top Go down
Stymees'mont

Stymees'mont

PostSubject: Re: Who has more than one project car?   Who has more than one project car? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 8:54 pm

I just restored a Beetle for a guy about two years ago. easy and fun car to work on.
Back to top Go down
http://fast-fairmonts.weebly.com/index.html
detroitiron2000

detroitiron2000

PostSubject: Re: Who has more than one project car?   Who has more than one project car? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 6:57 pm

LOVE THAT BUG! I want to build a Carmen Ghia with a turbo motor!

Your will be really sweet!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who has more than one project car?   Who has more than one project car? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who has more than one project car?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next