Ford Fairmont & Mercury Zephyr Owners and Enthusiast
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ford Fairmont & Mercury Zephyr Owners and Enthusiast

Scince : Jan 1st/2001 Orig.Fairmont 302 Forum Scince: Nov 8th/2008

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Like/Tweet
Latest topics
» '78 and '79 Fairmont and Zephyr ES
The Super Zeph project starting soon! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2022 11:19 pm by GrantBB

» Stymees'mont / Eric'c Fairmonts
The Super Zeph project starting soon! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2022 11:44 pm by GrantBB

» Window Weather Stripping
The Super Zeph project starting soon! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2022 2:06 am by GrantBB

» Fairmont at Nelson Ledges Road Course
The Super Zeph project starting soon! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2021 6:32 pm by GrantBB

» Latest track day video: Summit Point Shenandoah
The Super Zeph project starting soon! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2021 11:14 pm by GrantBB

» Back in the Fairmont saddle again.
The Super Zeph project starting soon! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2021 12:38 am by GrantBB

» New to the Group Texasfairmont from south Texas
The Super Zeph project starting soon! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2021 1:49 am by GrantBB

» 20 years of Fairmont 302
The Super Zeph project starting soon! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2021 7:45 pm by Stymees'mont

» Keep it or Scrap It ?
The Super Zeph project starting soon! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2020 3:50 pm by Red 78'

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
free forum

Similar topics

The Super Zeph project starting soon!

Go down 
+5
fangar150-ex
detroitiron2000
Stymees'mont
ybuy4n
bigblockcowboy
9 posters
AuthorMessage
bigblockcowboy

bigblockcowboy

The Super Zeph project starting soon! Empty
PostSubject: The Super Zeph project starting soon!   The Super Zeph project starting soon! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 1:02 am

So you've all seen pics of my 79 Z7 and now the best part. Starting Feb. 15, the parts gathering and partial disassembly will begin. The engine will be an overbored 200 six with a garrett turbo, possibly fuel injection and an aluminum head, intake etc. Trans will be a worked C4 with a shift kit and maybe a manual valvebody. Rear will be an 8.8 stuffed with 3.50 gears and a selectable locker to keep it streetable. Interior will be redone tastefully using a dash from a 90's stang, power seats from a Lincoln, a suede headliner and handmade interior panels. Exterior mods will be simple and tastefull, such as tucked and narrowed bumpers shaved door handles and locks, including the trunk lock. I would also like to put in some taillights from a 84-88 t-bird, a custom built grill and cowl and a new hood ornament. Paint will be the only non-Ford item aboard, with the main color being Dodge intense blue pearl and an AAR Cuda style strobe stripe in Chevy Cortez Silver going up and over the roof. Well that's all for now, updates to come as they happen. Oh yeah, did I mention I'm looking to make in excess of 300 hp?
Back to top Go down
ybuy4n

ybuy4n

PostSubject: Re: The Super Zeph project starting soon!   The Super Zeph project starting soon! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 11:28 am

Sounds like you are going to have a unique z!I like the turbo 6 idea.hurry up and get it going to make the FZ bash next year.post plenty of pics of the turbo build,I havent seen a lot of non diesel turbo builds in a while.
Back to top Go down
Stymees'mont

Stymees'mont

PostSubject: Re: The Super Zeph project starting soon!   The Super Zeph project starting soon! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 1:22 pm

Ya, hurry up !
Back to top Go down
http://fast-fairmonts.weebly.com/index.html
bigblockcowboy

bigblockcowboy

PostSubject: Re: The Super Zeph project starting soon!   The Super Zeph project starting soon! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 2:49 pm

Don't worry, she'll be ready for the bash come hell or high water!
Back to top Go down
detroitiron2000

detroitiron2000

PostSubject: Re: The Super Zeph project starting soon!   The Super Zeph project starting soon! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 3:07 pm

I"m very interested in the tail light idea. Has anyone done this before?

And I'm really looking forward to the built 6. I love unique engines.

Good luck and see you at the bash!!

Don
Back to top Go down
bigblockcowboy

bigblockcowboy

PostSubject: Re: The Super Zeph project starting soon!   The Super Zeph project starting soon! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 6:25 pm

I know it's been done with fox ltd/marquis taillights, but as far as I know no one has done it with t-bird lights. Will be an intersting experiment in metal creation for sure.
Back to top Go down
fangar150-ex

PostSubject: Re: The Super Zeph project starting soon!   The Super Zeph project starting soon! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 11:15 pm

cool idea with the dash!!! I took the one out of my 93 Mustang put it in my fairmont. i also put the parking brake, parking brake cables , console, and capet in. it all fits with a bit of work and planning.
you can also put a mustang tank with an in-tank pump and sender unit in the car if you cut the spare tyre well out, dry fit the tank, and weld the tyre sump back in, youll need the sender to match the mustang fuel guage.
if you dont run injection, just remove the fuel pump and run a piece of fuel hose and a straight pipe for fuel pick up with a manual pump.
you will also have to rewire the directional indicators as the 90's mustangs use a seperate bulb for for turn and brake, sounds like a lot of work, but its quite easy.
the fairmont and mustang a/c boxes are almost identical, if you need an a/c box, i still have one. im still clearing a lot of stuff out, i need the space.
Good luck, this turbo 6 project sounds great.
Back to top Go down
bigblockcowboy

bigblockcowboy

PostSubject: Re: The Super Zeph project starting soon!   The Super Zeph project starting soon! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 11:48 pm

I plan on using the 2/60 air condintioning. You know, 2 windows down and 60 miles an hour lol. I'm rewiring the whole car with a Ron Francis setup as my wiring has been butdhered some. I'm re-doing the whole car, I may as well go with all new wires as well, since I'm planning a killer sound system too.
Back to top Go down
fasfivo

fasfivo

PostSubject: Re: The Super Zeph project starting soon!   The Super Zeph project starting soon! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 12:41 am

Let us know how the engine build goes. I've been seriously considering building a 250ci inline with a turbo for mine instead of doing a V-8 swap. I think it'd be cool and definitely not something everyone has seen a million times before.
Back to top Go down
bigblockcowboy

bigblockcowboy

PostSubject: Re: The Super Zeph project starting soon!   The Super Zeph project starting soon! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 6:49 am

I was on classic inlines website last night and a guy had a 78 mont with a 250 bored to 273 and a turbo pushin 18 psi. His dyno numbers were insane, to the tune of 450 rwhp and 499 rwtq. Both numbers achieved under 5000 rpm! I think I'm creating a monster if I get a .030 over 200 to get anywhere near that!
Back to top Go down
ZephyrEFI

ZephyrEFI

PostSubject: Re: The Super Zeph project starting soon!   The Super Zeph project starting soon! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 3:29 pm

fangar150-ex wrote:
cool idea with the dash!!! I took the one out of my 93 Mustang put it in my fairmont. i also put the parking brake, parking brake cables , console, and capet in. it all fits with a bit of work and planning.
you can also put a mustang tank with an in-tank pump and sender unit in the car if you cut the spare tyre well out, dry fit the tank, and weld the tyre sump back in, youll need the sender to match the mustang fuel guage.
if you dont run injection, just remove the fuel pump and run a piece of fuel hose and a straight pipe for fuel pick up with a manual pump.
you will also have to rewire the directional indicators as the 90's mustangs use a seperate bulb for for turn and brake, sounds like a lot of work, but its quite easy.
the fairmont and mustang a/c boxes are almost identical, if you need an a/c box, i still have one. im still clearing a lot of stuff out, i need the space.
Good luck, this turbo 6 project sounds great.

Sounds familiar Very Happy Although i think i'd try to find a way to use the stock tank over the Mustang one if at all possible. That's a lot of trouble just for the fuel guage. I'd like to see pics of your project, fangar150-ex, and of course the super zeph as it progresses.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2286370
Futurama

Futurama

PostSubject: Re: The Super Zeph project starting soon!   The Super Zeph project starting soon! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 7:22 pm

are you saying my V8 isnt cool Sad
Back to top Go down
fasfivo

fasfivo

PostSubject: Re: The Super Zeph project starting soon!   The Super Zeph project starting soon! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 12:10 pm

Sure V-8's are cool, but I already have a V-8 in my Mustang. I'm just thinking about doing something different. Really haven't made up my mind yet. I do have a V-8 K-Member sitting here just waiting for a home, so who knows.

Another reason I'm considering an I-6 is that I have a '79 Honda CBX motorcycle. It has an inline 6 too. I could have a '79 Futura inline 6 to tow my '79 CBX inline 6. Hell, I might even paint the Futura to match the bike. Cool
Back to top Go down
Aug

Aug

PostSubject: Re: The Super Zeph project starting soon!   The Super Zeph project starting soon! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 5:09 pm

Aaaaahhh! Honda CBXs ROCK!

Ahem.

I sure am fond of the Honda CBX motorcycle.

I was thinking of turboing the 6 that I took out of the '80 I'm building, since it is already the quickest-revving six I've ever seen, But then I think about doing an all-aluminum 400+inch windsor, and I think, "Maybe next time, six."

Later,
Mike.
Back to top Go down
bigblockcowboy

bigblockcowboy

PostSubject: Re: The Super Zeph project starting soon!   The Super Zeph project starting soon! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 10:33 pm

I think after this one is done, I wanna do one with a supercharged 4.0 v6 out of a stang.
Back to top Go down
detroitiron2000

detroitiron2000

PostSubject: Re: The Super Zeph project starting soon!   The Super Zeph project starting soon! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 10:35 am

There are so many cool motor options I'd love to do, just not enough time and of course, never enough money:

SHO V6
SuperCoupe Supercharged V6
The venerable Turbo 4
Turbo or SC I6
Modular V10 - my personal favorite, carbed with tri-power or dual quad
FE stroker
4.0 V6 with power adder
and the list goes on....

Don
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Super Zeph project starting soon!   The Super Zeph project starting soon! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Super Zeph project starting soon!
Page 1 of 1