Ford Fairmont & Mercury Zephyr Owners and Enthusiast
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ford Fairmont & Mercury Zephyr Owners and Enthusiast

Scince : Jan 1st/2001 Orig.Fairmont 302 Forum Scince: Nov 8th/2008

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Like/Tweet
Latest topics
» '78 and '79 Fairmont and Zephyr ES
well that didnt last long...... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2022 11:19 pm by GrantBB

» Stymees'mont / Eric'c Fairmonts
well that didnt last long...... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2022 11:44 pm by GrantBB

» Window Weather Stripping
well that didnt last long...... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2022 2:06 am by GrantBB

» Fairmont at Nelson Ledges Road Course
well that didnt last long...... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2021 6:32 pm by GrantBB

» Latest track day video: Summit Point Shenandoah
well that didnt last long...... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2021 11:14 pm by GrantBB

» Back in the Fairmont saddle again.
well that didnt last long...... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2021 12:38 am by GrantBB

» New to the Group Texasfairmont from south Texas
well that didnt last long...... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2021 1:49 am by GrantBB

» 20 years of Fairmont 302
well that didnt last long...... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2021 7:45 pm by Stymees'mont

» Keep it or Scrap It ?
well that didnt last long...... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2020 3:50 pm by Red 78'

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
free forum

Similar topics

well that didnt last long......

Go down 
+3
fangar150-ex
Aug
Futurama
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Futurama

Futurama

well that didnt last long...... Empty
PostSubject: well that didnt last long......   well that didnt last long...... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 2:49 pm

well if you remember i told you guys about my driveshaft nightmare and how apparrantly it led to the early demise of my spec stage 3 clutch. Anyway, i got a new clutch installed that my friend gave me that was supposed to be equal to the strength of a ram race clutch. i think its was a ebay knockoff but at the time i was thinking FREE is FREE so i put it in.

well... hehe, that bitch is slipping more than a one legged man on a ice rink. I had just barely broken it in when i went to the local drive in and some guy in a 1992 mustang coupe with heads, cam started talking shit to everybody . he was all like im too fast for you guys and the people that wanted to race him couldnt because they were "too fast" to race and its wasnt fair for a race car to race a street car. Anyway i finally spoke up qand asked why he was so fast? he said did you want some of my coupe? i said im not scared..lol. so i looks at his motor and he is obviously hiding a nitrous kit because i grapped the No2 line and asked whats this?? HE gets all red and said oh thats nothing.... come to find out he is spraying a 150 shot. then he says he hwas to put his slicks on and i laughed because i was on radials. an hour later and we are done and people are betting on him till i start my futura up lol.

so we head out and get to the spot and we do the burnouts and he is doing it like john force so im starting to get nervous bacuase i had to let my buddy drive my car and i hope i win. well we race and right out of the hole im dragging his ass and we finsh up beating him by a couple of bus lenghts and he gets all pissy. so i tell him we can go again and i beat him AGAIN but i notced my car is smoking and turns out it is the clutch going up in smoke!!!!!!!! i shit my pants and we go back to the drive in and he starts talking shit about how i was too chicken to give him a 3rd race Rolling Eyes

good news is the car is plently drivable and got me home. but i jsut ordrered a spec stage three+ kit so hopefully it will hold up, to my little 408 because its rated for 800fucking horsepower.

hope this is a good read. later.
Back to top Go down
Aug

Aug

PostSubject: Re: well that didnt last long......   well that didnt last long...... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 4:38 pm

Well, it didn't last long, but at least it lasted long enough to give a cocksucker what he needed.
Back to top Go down
fangar150-ex

PostSubject: Re: well that didnt last long......   well that didnt last long...... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 7:21 pm

i had a similar thing happen back in the late 70's with a Grand Am, dude made my GTO look like a 6 cylinder camaro. i not only took the bait, i think i ate the pole. i never saw his engine, but i saw plenty tailights!!! anybody can run nitrous, it takes a brain to run gasoline.(no offense to nirous guys) fair is fair.
Back to top Go down
ybuy4n

ybuy4n

PostSubject: Re: well that didnt last long......   well that didnt last long...... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 10:38 pm

wait a minute!it does take brains to run n2o.it is tooooo easy to blow your shit up if its not monitored and setup correctly.

so you are racing it huh? well,you know there is a certain 2 door sedan running around fort worth that will give it a friendly go!
you have a 408.i have a 306 on a 200 shot with slicks( wont hook at all with streets).would you be up for a go 1 saturday night?i know a great mexico spot.
Back to top Go down
ybuy4n

ybuy4n

PostSubject: Re: well that didnt last long......   well that didnt last long...... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 10:44 pm

what drivein were you at?kellers?
Back to top Go down
Futurama

Futurama

PostSubject: Re: well that didnt last long......   well that didnt last long...... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 11:14 pm

yeah kellers it was fun. and yeah im up for it, we can meet at kellers if its not to far from you . we can see who has the fastest fairmont on here.
Back to top Go down
ybuy4n

ybuy4n

PostSubject: Re: well that didnt last long......   well that didnt last long...... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 11:25 pm

how bout saturday night.i dont know exactly where it is.ill follow you there if we could.ive heard of it.how have the police been?ill be locked and loaded.is the futura ready?
Back to top Go down
Aug

Aug

PostSubject: Re: well that didnt last long......   well that didnt last long...... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 11:44 pm

Your nitrous comments remind me of something that happened to me long, long ago...

[Wayne's World Flashback]

I was on my way to the local cruise-in one Sunday night in about 2000 or so, and one of the first '99 Mustangs pulled up next to me at a red light. I'd seen this car around some. It was that hideous Mountain Dew can green, with a body kit, 18" wheels that had these wavy spokes, and an aftermarket exhaust. Now, my car's not all that fast, but I figured I might have enough. So, the light changes green, and I kinda puss letting out the clutch (a common problem with me), but I hose him anyway.

We pull into the cruise in.

He comes over to me, and he's all, "Let's go again. I couldn't see the light because of the big, stupid black vinyl strip on my windshield. I wasn't ready. Let's go." I decline, and he comes back with, "You know you'd want another shot if you lost." Well, I couldn't argue with that logic, so I consented. We found a less used road with a light, waited for it to turn red, and pulled up to it. When the light turned green, I was determined to not be such a clutch slipper. I wasn't. When it finally gained some traction, I was a little ahead, so I hit second, and kept on pullin'. Hit third, and the next light turned yellow...shut down.

Leaving the second light, I left him again. This is getting boring. So, I pulled into a convenient lot, where he says, "Let's go again! I hit the rev limiter in second gear!" I said, "Do you know why you hit the rev limiter?" He says, "Why?" I said, "Because you were too busy looking at Fairmont taillights to look at your tach!" and let out the clutch.

A little while later, I got back to the cruise-in, and about 40 or so people are all walking toward my car in a big group. I got worried. Then, a fella I knew stepped to the front of the crowd, and yelled out, "Hey, what's this I hear about you having nitrous on that thing?" I was like, "Huh?" He said, "Yeah, that guy in the green Mustang says that's the only way you'd be so much faster than him." I said, "Oh, okay," and opened the trunk.

Not only was there no nitrous, but the trunk was front to back and wall to wall with Bounty paper towels. See, Wal-Mart had them on sale, and the wife and I were there right before I went cruising. I had forgotten to take them out.

[/Wayne's World flashback]

Anyway, that's my nitrous story.

Later,
Mike.

Last edited by Aug on Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I'm anal...too many ands.)
Back to top Go down
bigblockcowboy

bigblockcowboy

PostSubject: Re: well that didnt last long......   well that didnt last long...... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 12:03 am

Oh man Mike, I'd have pissed myself laughing if I'd been there. Too damn funny
Back to top Go down
TealP51

TealP51

PostSubject: Re: well that didnt last long......   well that didnt last long...... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 12:38 am

Mike,

That was a high quality post.

Would read again.

-Mike
Back to top Go down
Revolution909

Revolution909

PostSubject: Re: well that didnt last long......   well that didnt last long...... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 11:12 am

Nice! Good job to both of you guys for showin some stangers what Fairmonts are about.... Very Happy

I dont have any good shit talking stories... my car wasnt fast enough last year... I did smoke a jacked up malibu with a 305 when i was driving my wagon LOL Thats with the 3.3L.
Back to top Go down
Futurama

Futurama

PostSubject: Re: well that didnt last long......   well that didnt last long...... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 3:39 am

ybuy4n wrote:
how bout saturday night.i dont know exactly where it is.ill follow you there if we could.ive heard of it.how have the police been?ill be locked and loaded.is the futura ready?
i wont be able to race cuz my newclutch wont be in but im sure i can find you one. and there are no cops. people jsut hang out and than go out in small pack or cars or less to any spot you pick. i will be fun. i will call ya and youcan come pick me up and i will show you everything
Back to top Go down
ybuy4n

ybuy4n

PostSubject: Re: well that didnt last long......   well that didnt last long...... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 10:37 pm

okay well then let me know when you will be up and running and we can go to kennebelly on a friday or sunday.i have a cdl license and am not wanting to risk my job.i can wait til you are ready.
i have my bottle chilling on ice,ready to get it filled tomorrow.
are there any other fairmonts in the area that would like to make a go of it?
Back to top Go down
Futurama

Futurama

PostSubject: Re: well that didnt last long......   well that didnt last long...... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 3:19 am

nothing worth racing, well one guy but i think his tranny is broke.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: well that didnt last long......   well that didnt last long...... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

well that didnt last long......
Page 1 of 1