Ford Fairmont & Mercury Zephyr Owners and Enthusiast
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ford Fairmont & Mercury Zephyr Owners and Enthusiast

Scince : Jan 1st/2001 Orig.Fairmont 302 Forum Scince: Nov 8th/2008

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Like/Tweet
Latest topics
» '78 and '79 Fairmont and Zephyr ES
not much going on - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2022 11:19 pm by GrantBB

» Stymees'mont / Eric'c Fairmonts
not much going on - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2022 11:44 pm by GrantBB

» Window Weather Stripping
not much going on - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2022 2:06 am by GrantBB

» Fairmont at Nelson Ledges Road Course
not much going on - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2021 6:32 pm by GrantBB

» Latest track day video: Summit Point Shenandoah
not much going on - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2021 11:14 pm by GrantBB

» Back in the Fairmont saddle again.
not much going on - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2021 12:38 am by GrantBB

» New to the Group Texasfairmont from south Texas
not much going on - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2021 1:49 am by GrantBB

» 20 years of Fairmont 302
not much going on - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2021 7:45 pm by Stymees'mont

» Keep it or Scrap It ?
not much going on - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2020 3:50 pm by Red 78'

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
free forum

not much going on

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Stymees'mont

Stymees'mont

not much going on - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: not much going on   not much going on - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 9:50 pm

VHT makes a clear coating and it works well.

I would love to have a 69 Mach1 too, Paint is easy, the body work is not bad just time consuming. I would do it in a heart beat if I had the 14g's.
Back to top Go down
http://fast-fairmonts.weebly.com/index.html
ZephyrEFI

ZephyrEFI

PostSubject: Re: not much going on   not much going on - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 1:44 pm

Thanks! I'll check that out.

There's this custom intake plaque on FEP I have my eye on where the guy used VHT silver to paint it, so I'll probably end up getting their paint anyway. The plaque is kinda pricey, but it would save me from having to hunt one down and fix it up myself.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2286370
Stymees'mont

Stymees'mont

PostSubject: Re: not much going on   not much going on - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2014 7:41 pm

What does it look like ? We could make one too.I made stuff for my Dad's old tuck and now his 61 Thunderbird. I used 1/2 thick Aluminum on his stuff, so what you need is way thinner and would be easier to work with.

Back to top Go down
ZephyrEFI

ZephyrEFI

PostSubject: Re: not much going on   not much going on - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2014 8:35 pm

Well, it's really a standard '86 Mustang GT intake plaque, just PAINTED custom. It's in the parts for sale forum. The poster is 87GTVic. I think the thread is called "Refurbished Custom Intake Plaques" or something. I like #6 and #7. I'm sure I could find one myself at U-Pull or Joe's and do it myself, but his are really nice.

What kind of stuff can you make? Could you machine words into it?
Back to top Go down
fangar150-ex

PostSubject: Re: not much going on   not much going on - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 8:09 am

Wowzer, 14k for that mustang???? if the restoration work was done properly,that is a VERY good price and will probably be snapped up before the print is dry. believe it or not, some people have cash!

yeah this guy has an extractor machine, it soaks/cleans and extracts cleaning agents from cloth/carpets. I've seen him detail some cars before that really came out well. I'm hoping he can get the stains out of mine.

do you guys have a milling machine.

yesterday I dropped the 4.6 engine into the 77 Bronco for a mock-up, I was kinda upset as I only had to lengthen the slots for the motor mounts and it was in. even the oil filter has fairly easy access!

the basic C/L to C/L measurements were amazingly similar.
next will be the transmission and transfer case, if that goes in ok, I'll get started making a modified loom for the thing.

I used mustang motor mounts and grand marquis exhaust, I may change the r/s manifold to something else, don't know yet as the body is off and being painted.
Back to top Go down
fangar150-ex

PostSubject: Re: not much going on   not much going on - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 11:30 pm

Whatta day….Well I got my carpet done, Dude  couldn’t get out some of the rust stains, but I guess that was my fault as I shouldn’t have stored parts on top of it. Then the thing was on the floor out in the sun drying, and some rock-head ran over it in the shop because they couldn’t see it?????  What????? Now I have tire tracks on the driver side foot well. Well that was a freebie……. Kinda original though….Not many of those out there, gotta laugh!

Well it’s cleaner now, and I got it in ok, it was amazing how well it fit the car, even the seat belt and seat holes were almost a perfect match, maybe ¼ in off on the front passenger seat bolt holes (maybe due to poor installation or the massive wiring cable for the PCM), the rest fit fine, event the shifter & console were perfect…I used the SN95 kick panels to hide the wiring and the Fairmont or mustang sill plates.

I had a dispute with the console, trying to get it to line up with the dash, finally I gave in, it has a gap at the lower ends of the dash, but that’s ok, I still have my defroster vents!! It’s so cool to have a center console with a cup holder and a power point for my GPS or sat radio.

I took the old girl for a blast down to highway, its way cool quiet inside now, seems almost like a new car albeit with a rust stained carpet and imprinted SUV tread pattern design tire tracks. I’m hoping the tire tracks will go away. Floor mat hides most of it, I’ll try something later. .

I just have to get over this burning on my neck and head from the sun today.
Back to top Go down
ZephyrEFI

ZephyrEFI

PostSubject: Re: not much going on   not much going on - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 11:45 pm

A nice step in the right direction!

I pretty much haven't done squat on mine. Still waiting on the funds. I did free up the shaft on the Explorer throttle body that was sticky when I got it. Had to smash the TP sensor to get it off. The bolts were rusted in there pretty good. I hoped I could get the shaft out to clean it up, but it looks to me like you have to destroy these rubber/plastic bushing thingies to do it, so I'm going to lube it as best I can and hope for the best. I really doubt the rubber/plastic thingies are available to buy.

I started building my 1/25th scale plastic model of a '92 Mustang notchback. I'm going to do it like my '87 was, except with the EFI 5.0 instead of the carb 289 I had.
Back to top Go down
fangar150-ex

PostSubject: Re: not much going on   not much going on - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 8:26 am

the old 289 was a good engine back in it's day, there's a fellow who used to work at AutoZone that was going to put one in his ranger, I don't know if he ever finished it.
I wonder if that throttle body was used on anything else, or if another throttle body would fit the manifold?
Back to top Go down
ZephyrEFI

ZephyrEFI

PostSubject: Re: not much going on   not much going on - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 10:23 am

Yeah, the guy who had it before me really built it up. That car was FAST.

Not sure on that. I may have to find someone who works in Ford parts who could tell me what else that throttle body was used on. I do still plan to troll the junkyards for that intake, why not. If I find one, I could just sell it and make a huge profit. when I go, I'll bring my micrometer thingy and see if I can find a matching TB. I know it would make my life easier if I just bought a new Mustang 65mm throttle body, but those are like $140, and I'd rather not spend that if I don't have to.
Back to top Go down
Stymees'mont

Stymees'mont

PostSubject: Re: not much going on   not much going on - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 11:28 pm

ZephyrEFI wrote:
Well, it's really a standard '86 Mustang GT intake plaque, just PAINTED custom. It's in the parts for sale forum. The poster is 87GTVic. I think the thread is called "Refurbished Custom Intake Plaques" or something. I like #6 and #7. I'm sure I could find one myself at U-Pull or Joe's and do it myself, but his are really nice.

What kind of stuff can you make? Could you machine words into it?

No milling machine here,but I do have routers and carbide bits, band saw, etc.....
I made a new relocation bracket for my throttle cable on my Mont. Made a steering column 2 piece mount for Dads 50 pickup. I even polished them to a chrome like finish. I usually will make it happen!
Words! I might be able too...anything is possible!
Back to top Go down
ZephyrEFI

ZephyrEFI

PostSubject: Re: not much going on   not much going on - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 12:25 pm

Haha, cool. If we did end up trying to do something, I'd probably want it pretty simple, appearing mostly the same as a stock one, but maybe saying something like "Mercury 5.0 HO".

I dunno, just an idea. I want to do something different than the same-old same-old "5.0 Ford HO" one everybody has.
Back to top Go down
Stymees'mont

Stymees'mont

PostSubject: Re: not much going on   not much going on - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 8:36 pm

Would be cool to put the Zephyr emblem or the Marauder head to match your wheel center caps.

OOOH! I just had an idea, we could take the Marauder emblem and embed it into a plate !
Back to top Go down
ZephyrEFI

ZephyrEFI

PostSubject: Re: not much going on   not much going on - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:40 pm

That WOULD be cool!

Don't have those centercaps anymore (SVO wheels have plain centercaps), but I love the Mercury god head logo!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: not much going on   not much going on - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

not much going on
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ford Fairmont & Mercury Zephyr Owners and Enthusiast :: Message Board-
Jump to: