Ford Fairmont & Mercury Zephyr Owners and Enthusiast
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ford Fairmont & Mercury Zephyr Owners and Enthusiast

Scince : Jan 1st/2001 Orig.Fairmont 302 Forum Scince: Nov 8th/2008

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Like/Tweet
Latest topics
» '78 and '79 Fairmont and Zephyr ES
fairmont trunks hold a lot Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2022 11:19 pm by GrantBB

» Stymees'mont / Eric'c Fairmonts
fairmont trunks hold a lot Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2022 11:44 pm by GrantBB

» Window Weather Stripping
fairmont trunks hold a lot Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2022 2:06 am by GrantBB

» Fairmont at Nelson Ledges Road Course
fairmont trunks hold a lot Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2021 6:32 pm by GrantBB

» Latest track day video: Summit Point Shenandoah
fairmont trunks hold a lot Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2021 11:14 pm by GrantBB

» Back in the Fairmont saddle again.
fairmont trunks hold a lot Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2021 12:38 am by GrantBB

» New to the Group Texasfairmont from south Texas
fairmont trunks hold a lot Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2021 1:49 am by GrantBB

» 20 years of Fairmont 302
fairmont trunks hold a lot Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2021 7:45 pm by Stymees'mont

» Keep it or Scrap It ?
fairmont trunks hold a lot Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2020 3:50 pm by Red 78'

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
free forum

Similar topics

fairmont trunks hold a lot

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
fangar150-ex

fairmont trunks hold a lot Empty
PostSubject: fairmont trunks hold a lot   fairmont trunks hold a lot Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 8:55 am

Should have taken the truck

I haven’t been driving the Fairmont due to the weather here lately, because mine doesn’t have a rear window defroster. I know you guys up north get cold and snow, but I live @ 4600 ft elevation in the desert and when we get weather in the 30’s or 40’s and there’s snow on mountain here it is a system shock, it was in the mid 80’s just 2 weeks ago, but that’s ok, it will get back to normal soon…..i don’t know how the guys in Flagstaff deal with it.
Its been a rough couple of weeks, wrong parts, no parts, rude customers, loads of stress etc on top of all the changes by the new general manager and service director, I don’t know what the future holds for me as my hours are in the pan, we lost 3 people, got some young guys who need help, and I have a bucket load of big jobs on and no productivity………
A guy calls me up yesterday and wants to buy some parts. I’m off tomorrow, (I just gotta pull a dash) so decided to drive the Fairmont home and give the battery a small treat, load up the parts an go back into town.
The wife decided to come along, Great I guess she’s feeling better! We were waiting at gas city for the dude to show, he was late, so we went to Wal-Mart, no show, went to Fry’s, still no show, and then went to Safeway, no show, when to food city It’s getting late and i bought things that needs to go in the freezer, I’m thinking of all the pennies rollin out and nothing coming in!!! we were heading home when he texted to say sorry, but he was still trapped at a Christmas party, so I decided to do it next week as he lives about 60 miles away.
The stores were pretty much empty, maybe the world did end and i wasn’t sent the memo, that’s cool, it will be me, the wife and Cher along with all the cock roaches, i haven’t seen any zombies, so that’s cool, and them zombies better think twice if they think they are going to stop me getting my ice cream in the freezer!
It wasn’t until I got home that I realized how much stuff the trunk of a Fairmont can hold. It kinda reminds me of Mary Poppins travel bag, it seems to hold everything she owns. I don’t know of a new car that has such a big trunk like the older cars. I don’t know how many trips I made from the car to the house, but it looks like we got all the shopping in one trip even with the parts and 2 folding chairs and some ammo cans.
Next time I’ll take the Toyota pick up, it holds far less.

Wishing all a healthy Merry Christmas filled with happiness and joy.

Back to top Go down
ZephyrEFI

ZephyrEFI

PostSubject: Re: fairmont trunks hold a lot   fairmont trunks hold a lot Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 6:04 pm

Haha, But you have a coupe... the box tops have a very shallow trunk. Like a Fox Mustang notchback. Pretty close to useless. haha.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2286370
Aug

Aug

PostSubject: Re: fairmont trunks hold a lot   fairmont trunks hold a lot Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 7:12 am

First thing: I found out recently that boxtops and Futuas use the same trunk lid. The later cars had a deeper trunk because they moved the spare tire.

The trunk is one of the best things about racing a Fairmont. I can fit all four of my race tires and my floor jack in the trunk. No tire trailer for this guy! That also means that I can take a cooler and some other supplies in the interior, and be fully self-contained.
Back to top Go down
ZephyrEFI

ZephyrEFI

PostSubject: Re: fairmont trunks hold a lot   fairmont trunks hold a lot Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 7:07 pm

Pretty sure you're right about the lid, but i'll bet you it sits higher on the coupe. plus, the roofline goes farther to the rear on a coupe, so it's longer too. I've looked at them almost side by side, and a coupe trunk is way bigger.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2286370
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: fairmont trunks hold a lot   fairmont trunks hold a lot Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

fairmont trunks hold a lot
Page 1 of 1