Ford Fairmont & Mercury Zephyr Owners and Enthusiast
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ford Fairmont & Mercury Zephyr Owners and Enthusiast

Scince : Jan 1st/2001 Orig.Fairmont 302 Forum Scince: Nov 8th/2008

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Like/Tweet
Latest topics
» '78 and '79 Fairmont and Zephyr ES
gotta shut it down Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2022 11:19 pm by GrantBB

» Stymees'mont / Eric'c Fairmonts
gotta shut it down Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2022 11:44 pm by GrantBB

» Window Weather Stripping
gotta shut it down Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2022 2:06 am by GrantBB

» Fairmont at Nelson Ledges Road Course
gotta shut it down Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2021 6:32 pm by GrantBB

» Latest track day video: Summit Point Shenandoah
gotta shut it down Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2021 11:14 pm by GrantBB

» Back in the Fairmont saddle again.
gotta shut it down Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2021 12:38 am by GrantBB

» New to the Group Texasfairmont from south Texas
gotta shut it down Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2021 1:49 am by GrantBB

» 20 years of Fairmont 302
gotta shut it down Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2021 7:45 pm by Stymees'mont

» Keep it or Scrap It ?
gotta shut it down Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2020 3:50 pm by Red 78'

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
free forum

gotta shut it down

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
fangar150-ex

gotta shut it down Empty
PostSubject: gotta shut it down   gotta shut it down Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 12:45 am

i have been relentlesly searching for a fairmont coupe, or 4dr, i looked at a mustang that was gutted, missed a 4dr, missed a couple others, i feel exhausted, and burned-out. i'm thinking maybe this aint happenin for a reason.some people who have them, iether live too far away to make the deal in time, or some have rolling wrecks they think are hierloms. just because a car is 30 years old, dont mean it's as rare as rocking horse turds.
maybe it's time to give in and have another clearout, then i can invest in looking for more stuff.
i have lowered my expectations and am considering joining a mustang club, they do a lot of things locally, drives, meets etc, they seem fairly active, only thing is i dont have a drivable mustang at the moment, (sucks to be me).
mustangs are plentiful at the moment, some are at the right price, but everytime i see a mustang, i always see it disassembled & in pieces, or what i can get for the parts....
maybe some time doing other things will be a good idea.
Back to top Go down
Revolution909

Revolution909

gotta shut it down Empty
PostSubject: Re: gotta shut it down   gotta shut it down Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 9:47 am

You gotta do what you gotta do. The hobby is supposed to be fun, and sitting around wishing a car would come up isnt much fun..

Thats why I picked up a Fairmont in the first place, I wanted a stang but there was nothing in my price range, and a 4 door came up that was much cheaper then any mustang, and here I am.
Back to top Go down
Patwagon

gotta shut it down Empty
PostSubject: Re: gotta shut it down   gotta shut it down Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 8:41 am

I have just the reverse problem. While working on my Zephyr Wagon, a Lincoln Mark VIII fell into my lap, just for towing it off. I was thinking PARTS !!!! Turns out after putting in a back glass and drying it out' due to the fact it had been sitting in Washington for a year and a half w/out the window. It's a great driving 4 valve 4.6, AOD and independent 8.8 traclok. I buffed it out and detailed the mold out of the inside, and it's a great car. But I can't help but think ' what a great drivetrain for a early Ford body !!!!! I think it's a sickness.... lol
Back to top Go down
fangar150-ex

gotta shut it down Empty
PostSubject: Re: gotta shut it down   gotta shut it down Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 8:19 am

it not a sickness, the engine will fit if you use the aje crossmember & mounts.

mark VIII's are nice, but they are expensive to maintain in thier old age. they use another device in place of the ccrm to run the fan, i had a fella ready to junk it when he priced it out, luckily we were able to fix a cooling fan relay system, (my bad)

the good thing about those cars is when you look at the wiring diagram, they are pretty much stand alone so far as the efi & trans is concerned (depending on the years) its a srong reliable engine and trans, it should go like a rocket in a fairmont, just look at the weight difference.

lets see....didn't the mark VIII have the 4 valve before the mustang?? remarkable similarity...Hmm...

you only go round once.....

i just got another fairmont, but it's a cherry, @#$%, i cant butcher this one.
Back to top Go down
Patwagon

gotta shut it down Empty
PostSubject: Re: gotta shut it down   gotta shut it down Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 11:14 pm

Nah, I'm going to keep the Mark VIII around for awhile, as I just put the 302 HO w/ a carb into my Zephyr wagon. Haven't even finished the mid pipe section of the exhaust yet. Everything else is in and I've started it with open exhaust, but haven,t driven it yet. Still tweeking the linkage to work on thefloor. But the Mark was to good to pass up.
Back to top Go down
fangar150-ex

gotta shut it down Empty
PostSubject: Re: gotta shut it down   gotta shut it down Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 9:06 am

yeah, it's a lot easier to fit A 5.0 & parts are also cheaper for the 5.0.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

gotta shut it down Empty
PostSubject: Re: gotta shut it down   gotta shut it down Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

gotta shut it down
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ford Fairmont & Mercury Zephyr Owners and Enthusiast :: Message Board-
Jump to: