Ford Fairmont & Mercury Zephyr Owners and Enthusiast
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ford Fairmont & Mercury Zephyr Owners and Enthusiast

Scince : Jan 1st/2001 Orig.Fairmont 302 Forum Scince: Nov 8th/2008

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Like/Tweet
Latest topics
» '78 and '79 Fairmont and Zephyr ES
southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2022 11:19 pm by GrantBB

» Stymees'mont / Eric'c Fairmonts
southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2022 11:44 pm by GrantBB

» Window Weather Stripping
southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2022 2:06 am by GrantBB

» Fairmont at Nelson Ledges Road Course
southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2021 6:32 pm by GrantBB

» Latest track day video: Summit Point Shenandoah
southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2021 11:14 pm by GrantBB

» Back in the Fairmont saddle again.
southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2021 12:38 am by GrantBB

» New to the Group Texasfairmont from south Texas
southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2021 1:49 am by GrantBB

» 20 years of Fairmont 302
southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2021 7:45 pm by Stymees'mont

» Keep it or Scrap It ?
southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2020 3:50 pm by Red 78'

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
free forum

Similar topics

southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth

Go down 
+3
Revolution909
fox81
fangar150-ex
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
fox81

southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth   southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 10:04 pm

The three best looking cars there.

southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth - Page 2 0221101440a-1
Back to top Go down
fangar150-ex

PostSubject: Re: southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth   southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 10:42 pm

It was great day in Tucson, the weather was nice, and the company of fellow F/Z owners was appreciated. I met Jacob, mike and Miah?, (Jacobs girlfriend). There were lots of beautiful cars to look at, but it was no doubt when they came near our cars, we were the “poor relations”. None of our cars received awards for being ugly, I don’t think the homeless hippie in the mustang even bagged that one!!!
It was obvious early on to avoid embarrassment, for me it was easier to go look at the other cars and just leave, all jokes aside it was a great day, I think there was a reasonable amount of interest in the F/Z’s, obviously some people were reminiscing, while others were just confused. We had a great showing of 4cyl, 6 cyl and V-8. I’d like to do it again next year if we can, maybe some more folks could show-up.
It was nice to see the work Jacob and mike did to their cars, Jacob did the door panels in his car and they look great with the red and black, the gas struts for the trunk lid are the bomb, and mikes spray work on his Zephyr looks really good, in fact you can’t appreciate the detail of his work in photo’s.
Here’s a couple of pix from the day. Later jb….
Back to top Go down
AZFairmont

PostSubject: Re: southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth   southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 12:48 pm

Had I known this was going on, I might have trailered mine down. Maybe next year.
Back to top Go down
Stymees'mont

Stymees'mont

PostSubject: Re: southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth   southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 8:00 pm

Thats is just cool as hell....its great to see them together and I hope its like that and a lot more for the F/Z Bash in June.
I know all about the comments and reminiscing people do around these cars. I loved it because it was like a virus spreading out there... I cant wait to show mine off this year and add to the F/Z Virus.....Look out people...we are coming.
Back to top Go down
http://fast-fairmonts.weebly.com/index.html
eignub

eignub

PostSubject: Re: southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth   southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 2:38 am

Here is all the pictures that my girlfriend, maya (you almost spelled it right hah), took for us while she was there.

southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth - Page 2 Img_2710
southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth - Page 2 Img_2711
southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth - Page 2 Img_2712
southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth - Page 2 Img_2713
southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth - Page 2 Img_2714
southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth - Page 2 Img_2715
southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth - Page 2 Img_2716
southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth - Page 2 Img_2717
southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth - Page 2 Img_2718
southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth - Page 2 Img_2810
southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth - Page 2 Img_2811
southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth - Page 2 Img_2812
southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth - Page 2 Img_2813
southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth - Page 2 Img_2814
southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth - Page 2 Img_2815
southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth - Page 2 Img_2816
southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth - Page 2 Img_2817
southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth - Page 2 Img_2818
southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth - Page 2 Img_2819
southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth - Page 2 Img_2820
southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth - Page 2 Img_2821
southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth - Page 2 Img_2822
southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth - Page 2 Img_2823
southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth - Page 2 Img_2824
southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth - Page 2 Img_2826
southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth - Page 2 Img_2827
Back to top Go down
fox81

PostSubject: Re: southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth   southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 4:52 pm

Don't see why couldn't do it again next year. I'll hopefully have mine done! But yeah it was cool meeting you guys and finally seeing each others rides. Glad this show came up, it was a way for us to show the car world that the F/Z's are still out there and will some day get the respect they deserve.
Back to top Go down
Revolution909

Revolution909

PostSubject: Re: southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth   southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 11:01 pm

Very cool guys! I wish I could have came... All of your cars look real good, I like the new mustang rims on the futura. Did you guys get any complements?
Back to top Go down
fangar150-ex

PostSubject: Re: southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth   southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 10:21 am

no, i didnt get a fat lip or black eye either.

actually i think there was a reasonable amount of interest in each of the cars, i suppose the overwhelming factor was that there were 3 F/Z all in a row. had they not been "stacked" we could have easily been mistaken for the cleaning crew or some poor lost guys from the boonies.

if at all possible, i would be willing to have another go. then we can have a look at each other progress. as you say, it was good to meet you guys, and see your cars. i didnt feel all that well that day, but i had a blast. johnathon (the dark haired guy) was absorbing more technical ideas from some of the other cars, so no doubt there will be more holes drilled in the car!!!
i also want to see the progress on mikes Zephyr. it's a nice little car, very straight. he spends a lot of time with asttention to detail. it should be nice when it's done.
i need to get with jason and do some door panels, his looked so cool.
if i still have it next year, i want to drop a 2000 or earlier mustang into the fairmont body, i want the engine/trasmisssion and k-member aseembly, wiring loom, carpet seats and dash, it all depends on the economy, right now cash is tight, so if nothing else happens, that's cool.
i like to shell-out car bodies and and have a "pick & mix" car. appearances arent important, but everything has to work.
who knows , but if at all possible,LETS DO IT!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Revolution909

Revolution909

PostSubject: Re: southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth   southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 9:26 pm

Shoot, well thats a bit of a downer. Generally if I get any complements, I'll get 2 negative comments to make up for it... lol.

You better keep it, it looks like its in real nice shape. A bad paint job is nothing you cant fix Very Happy. The Mustang drivestrain is a great idea. I hope to do that but with a 89-93 mustang for my wagon.
Back to top Go down
fangar150-ex

PostSubject: Re: southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth   southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 11:29 pm

dude, you know you want to, be a devil, and do it. but really, it would be best to have a whole mustang, whether it be manual, or auto.
long story-short.i had shelled out fairmont, put in the fuel tank, layed the wiring with a few extra wires (for future mods) put in the dash, layed the carpet, fitted the center console and parking brake, etc, etc. layed the fuel lines, then i changed the engine, but kept the c4.
there is absolutely no rocket science involved. most of the mustang parts are pretty much direct exchange.
im a wiring freak, so i had made my loom to be compatable with the carbed angine and the efi engine by using a single brown 8 pin connector near the master cylinder. if you would like you can put the dash & looms, and tank in, and still keep you current carbed engine in place. (you'll just need to bypass the fuel pump and use a straight tube in the tank.)
it was a fun project, but i'm never satisfied with anything, so i have to keep changing stuff. most people say i should by another mustang, or paint the bar-steward but why, i like having a car that most people dont recognise.
there are so many mods you can do to the fairmonts using stock mustang parts,cougar, t-bird etc and that makes it cheap also. i put a 200 mustang suspension on mine for about $100. why spend loads of money on really expensive parts unless you are building a race car.
theres loads of good people on this site and other sites with a lot of good info and parts fror sale.
yoo kin dew-it.
good luck with your wagon, i wish you all the best luck in the world, and truly hope you get what you want and enjoy it.
Back to top Go down
Revolution909

Revolution909

PostSubject: Re: southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth   southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 10:11 am

It is truly fun having a car no one recognizes, when people give you a hard time about it, it sucks but I like having a car that makes people think. It is such a good car I would never even consider selling either of mine. They have such a good personality(If that doesn't sound weird lol) and are enjoyable to drive. They are also very cheap to fix and hop up like you said lol, which is a bonus for poor boys like myself.

I want to buy the whole mustang, becuase I want a standard, and becuase I pieced together my 4 door the first time, and it took forever to find some of the little bs parts. I wont be going EFI though, I like carbs, they are enjoyable to work on, and everyone always puts them down. I got almost as good of gas mileage with my 750 Holley on my 302 as I did in my 88 Honda prelude, which was EFI.

I already have a few hundred dollars saved for the stang, so hopefully by summer I will find one that super rusty and cheap lol.
Back to top Go down
fangar150-ex

PostSubject: Re: southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth   southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 11:12 pm

sounds like you've got a plan!!!!
Back to top Go down
Aug

Aug

PostSubject: Re: southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth   southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 1:50 am

I was always happy to have a car that nobody else had. The old car's paint and vinyl top were hammered, so I got some negative comments every once in a while, mostly from the import guys. They would laugh and say something like, "Why does that say '5.0' on the side?" Then they'd be like, "Oh, look. It says it on the back, too."

With the new car, I'm not sure if it's just because it's shinier, or because it's bright red, or what, but when I drive that car, it seems like everybody looks. I get positive feedback from old guys in 'Vettes and carloads of little girls alike. My one buddy and I switched keys one night, and I drove his '06 Mustang GT. He told me that it reminded him of when he first got his car. His was one of the first ones around, and you felt like a superstar driving it. Everybody looked. That's kinda what the new car's like.

A week or so ago, I told my wife that I can't wait for spring, because I want to be awesome again. She just doesn't get it.

Later,
Mike.
Back to top Go down
fangar150-ex

PostSubject: Re: southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth   southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 9:03 pm

Your right as rain, having a car that stands out because it is unique is much better than having a clone-car, It makes me realize how lucky I am to be driving a piece of forgotten history. You can only see 6 or 7 clones of the same car before you stop noticing them, unless one stands-out for a reason.
It’s kind of like kids in school all wanting to dress the same and have the same phone. It makes me wonder when people even copy the same brand tires and wheels and crappy stripe kits. Do these guys eat TV dinners, do they have no imagination or insecurity issues?
I like my patina naturale paint, some people pay BIG bucks for that style of paint on their rat rods. I really think the Futura coupe body lines are cool, especially the cabin area, I am happy with the car in general, (hell, who would I blame if I wasn’t) I don’t see any around here, and parts and things are always being changed, my goal now it to find that one day when I fit something to the car, the pre-drilled bolt holes will line-up.
I like the idea of 5.0 badges, hell if you go thru all the trouble of putting a 5.0 in the car, you’ve earned the “right to display” I wanted the old style V8 ford emblems, but when I went to AutoZone all the single chrome letters were on sale for .99, so me being tight with cash, I bought S V O, for the rear (Sorta Very Old) referring to me of course.
My buddy Rob-Turbo did a Honda engine swap years ago,( out of necessity) then one by one the rice burners were having the same engine swaps, then he lost his anominity, then he put a v-8 in the S-10, guess what!!!
I don’t mind comments whether positive or negative, it’s not out of a box or magazine, good heat, good a/c, radio works and it’s PAID FOR!!!! Where will their car be when it’s 30 years old, (maybe I’ll be using pieces from their cars soon)
you guys keep driving around in the Fairmonts, may we could start a revolution or movement of some type, maybe ford will do a retro of the Fairmont and give us all one free with the new 5.0 coming-out.
No offence meant to Stymees’mont or anybody else (about the boxes) that’s a gorgeous creation you’ve got their sir!!!! , and I wish you all the best with it.
Back to top Go down
Stymees'mont

Stymees'mont

PostSubject: Re: southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth   southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 10:51 pm

None taken, and thanks.
Back to top Go down
http://fast-fairmonts.weebly.com/index.html
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth   southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2