Ford Fairmont & Mercury Zephyr Owners and Enthusiast
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ford Fairmont & Mercury Zephyr Owners and Enthusiast

Scince : Jan 1st/2001 Orig.Fairmont 302 Forum Scince: Nov 8th/2008

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Like/Tweet
Latest topics
» '78 and '79 Fairmont and Zephyr ES
cash for clunkers Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2022 11:19 pm by GrantBB

» Stymees'mont / Eric'c Fairmonts
cash for clunkers Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2022 11:44 pm by GrantBB

» Window Weather Stripping
cash for clunkers Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2022 2:06 am by GrantBB

» Fairmont at Nelson Ledges Road Course
cash for clunkers Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2021 6:32 pm by GrantBB

» Latest track day video: Summit Point Shenandoah
cash for clunkers Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2021 11:14 pm by GrantBB

» Back in the Fairmont saddle again.
cash for clunkers Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2021 12:38 am by GrantBB

» New to the Group Texasfairmont from south Texas
cash for clunkers Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2021 1:49 am by GrantBB

» 20 years of Fairmont 302
cash for clunkers Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2021 7:45 pm by Stymees'mont

» Keep it or Scrap It ?
cash for clunkers Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2020 3:50 pm by Red 78'

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
free forum

cash for clunkers

Go down 
+3
83montlvr
Futurama
fangar150-ex
7 posters
AuthorMessage
fangar150-ex

cash for clunkers Empty
PostSubject: cash for clunkers   cash for clunkers Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 10:10 pm

i hate this cash for clunker craaappp. i've never seen so many 5.0's anf 5.7 liter engines vehicles parked so close together for years.
i felt like a one-eyed cat in a seafood store at closing time on saturday night. i had already decided what bits and pieces i wanted to rob off of these cars and trucks for spare parts and new mods. DAMMIT.......they are destroying these engines and transmissions with some kind of liquid glass and crushing them. i thought when they meant recycle, i was going to shove that 255 and c4 into a pick-up, carb and all have a 5.7 litre roller engine with an aod transmission in the fangar next weekend or the next weekend after changing the cam and intakes etc..
when they say recycle, they mean crush them, melt them and make cheevy's and chislers out of them. what a BUMMER!!!! some of these cars and trucks dont even have 90k on them. i suppose this subject could be a BIG bucket of worms, and could be discussed for months, so i'll say no more.
just for general info, those of you who would like to try and use a truck engine, beware, the truck computors for trucks use bank fire, not sequential injection, i think the cams are different also. theres loads of differences actually, intakes, exhausts, heads etc but most of you already know that.
cash for clunkers................just gimmee 4.5k and i'll keep my clunker going and improve it at the same time. i may even by a used can of krylon at a garage sale.
Back to top Go down
Futurama

Futurama

cash for clunkers Empty
PostSubject: Re: cash for clunkers   cash for clunkers Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 11:25 pm

its all obama hippie bullshit. i wonder how much pollution it takes to build a new car from scratch? ALOT MORE Than it does to crush it. down here in ft worth a guy just destroyed an 79k 302 in a 95mustang gt because some old cunt wanted a toyota. i hope the japs pearl harbor her house.
Back to top Go down
83montlvr

cash for clunkers Empty
PostSubject: Re: cash for clunkers   cash for clunkers Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 12:24 pm

I bet the majority of the cars were in excellent condition, too, weren't they. I hate the use of the term "clunkers" for a car whose only crime is getting 18mpg or less.
Back to top Go down
http://stuartscustoms.freeyellow.com/Fairmont.html
Aug

Aug

cash for clunkers Empty
PostSubject: Re: cash for clunkers   cash for clunkers Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 12:29 pm

Yeah, I just drove by a real nice lookin' 84 cougar sticking out of a dumpster in front of a dealership. It's even more irritating when you consider how the oil companies and the car companies have suppressed high-mileage technology for the last half century or so.

And the worst part is, they aren't going to put them in the junkyards so that those of us who keep our cars can use the parts, because that would be absolutely the most efficient way to do it. They'd sooner use the energy to melt the damn things, and then use more energy to make new parts.
Back to top Go down
fangar150-ex

cash for clunkers Empty
PostSubject: Re: cash for clunkers   cash for clunkers Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 9:43 pm

there's always one!!! we had a guy today that purchased a REAL clunker, had it towed to the showroom, already knew exactly which car he wanted, what color etc. well he was truly upset, he obviously cant or didnt read the rules, so this is one of those stories you dont hear too often, "the dealership didnt rip him off on his trade-in", im sure they wouldnt just turn this highly qualified and eager customer away, after all, he did have his heart set on a new car!!!!! Dealerships and Doctors, they're both related to pain......
Back to top Go down
bigblockcowboy

bigblockcowboy

cash for clunkers Empty
PostSubject: Re: cash for clunkers   cash for clunkers Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 8:28 am

All I gotta say is, I'm glad I live in Canada.
Back to top Go down
Stymees'mont

Stymees'mont

cash for clunkers Empty
PostSubject: Re: cash for clunkers   cash for clunkers Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 5:07 pm

I wish this was only for the big three. Not for all the foreign cars too. Trade in your clunker for only a new car from the big three. Keep them rolling instead of feeding outside car companies.
Back to top Go down
http://fast-fairmonts.weebly.com/index.html
Aug

Aug

cash for clunkers Empty
PostSubject: Re: cash for clunkers   cash for clunkers Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 1:54 am

Well, even though it does look like it, this isn't "stimulus" related, it's "environment" related.

Either way...hosed.
Back to top Go down
fangar150-ex

cash for clunkers Empty
PostSubject: Re: cash for clunkers   cash for clunkers Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 9:18 am

theres a lot of genuine ideas that this so called stimulus money could have been spent that really could stimulate the economy. i dont see how this has any good long lasting efects. but i supose you are correct about the environment. because if you couldnt afford afford to purchase a car before the stimulus, and went out and purchased a new car you will now have additional hardships of extra insurance coverage, new tags etc, and when the man with the hook comes by to repo the car, your gonna be walking, so thats good for the environment. meanwhile, the geezer at the boneyard has made a few bucks off your old wagon, and and has a lod of crap-boxes for sale that he's made up (outa this influx of new stock). never mind the rest of the problems we are having trying to "fix" i dont want to get too political, so im gonna shut this one down. good education, hard work, commom sense, prudence, thats a good formula for success.
Back to top Go down
Aug

Aug

cash for clunkers Empty
PostSubject: Re: cash for clunkers   cash for clunkers Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 12:19 pm

Are you sure that walking is good for the environment? I mean, what is the carbon footprint of making shoes? Not to mention, people who excercise more will probably fart more, and isn't methane a greenhouse gas? There's just not a single thing you can do for the environment, other than have a bunch less people using it.

Shut down complete.
Back to top Go down
ZephyrEFI

ZephyrEFI

cash for clunkers Empty
PostSubject: Re: cash for clunkers   cash for clunkers Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 1:33 pm

I didn't know they are actually destroying the cars. That is a shame.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2286370
Sponsored content

cash for clunkers Empty
PostSubject: Re: cash for clunkers   cash for clunkers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

cash for clunkers
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ford Fairmont & Mercury Zephyr Owners and Enthusiast :: Message Board-
Jump to: