Ford Fairmont & Mercury Zephyr Owners and Enthusiast
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ford Fairmont & Mercury Zephyr Owners and Enthusiast

Scince : Jan 1st/2001 Orig.Fairmont 302 Forum Scince: Nov 8th/2008

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Like/Tweet
Latest topics
» '78 and '79 Fairmont and Zephyr ES
The car has a name---unFairmont Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2022 11:19 pm by GrantBB

» Stymees'mont / Eric'c Fairmonts
The car has a name---unFairmont Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2022 11:44 pm by GrantBB

» Window Weather Stripping
The car has a name---unFairmont Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2022 2:06 am by GrantBB

» Fairmont at Nelson Ledges Road Course
The car has a name---unFairmont Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2021 6:32 pm by GrantBB

» Latest track day video: Summit Point Shenandoah
The car has a name---unFairmont Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2021 11:14 pm by GrantBB

» Back in the Fairmont saddle again.
The car has a name---unFairmont Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2021 12:38 am by GrantBB

» New to the Group Texasfairmont from south Texas
The car has a name---unFairmont Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2021 1:49 am by GrantBB

» 20 years of Fairmont 302
The car has a name---unFairmont Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2021 7:45 pm by Stymees'mont

» Keep it or Scrap It ?
The car has a name---unFairmont Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2020 3:50 pm by Red 78'

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
free forum

The car has a name---unFairmont

Go down 
+4
ZephyrEFI
Futurama
TealP51
Aug
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Aug

Aug

The car has a name---unFairmont Empty
PostSubject: The car has a name---unFairmont   The car has a name---unFairmont Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 12:25 pm

I was working on the car a while back, and my buddy says, "That car's just unfair."

I was like, "Dude! You just named the car! It's now 'The unFairmont!'"

He thought it was cool. I thought it was cool. My wife doesn't like it.

Oh, well. You can't win 'em all.

I think it follows with the nickname a buddy gave me a while ago. I pulled into the lot we were hanging out in that night, got out of the car, and he shouts, "Dyyyyy Nooooo Miiiiiiiiike!" like from that old show "Good Times". It stuck, and now everyone calls me Dyno Mike, or Dyno for short.

So, now you have Dyno Mike in the unFairmont.

Later.
Mike.
Back to top Go down
TealP51

TealP51

PostSubject: Re: The car has a name---unFairmont   The car has a name---unFairmont Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 4:31 am

I hate to burst your bubble, but that's at least the third Fairmont that I've heard of with that name. It's always either that or "Fearmont".

-Mike S.
Back to top Go down
Aug

Aug

PostSubject: Re: The car has a name---unFairmont   The car has a name---unFairmont Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 2:34 am

Crap.
Back to top Go down
Aug

Aug

PostSubject: Re: The car has a name---unFairmont   The car has a name---unFairmont Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 2:38 am

The old one was called "the Montster," or "the Beastly Fairmont." They're probably commone names, too.

On the bright side, I can pretty much count on having the only one in this area named that, since I'm pretty much the only person in this area with a Mont.
Back to top Go down
Futurama

Futurama

PostSubject: Re: The car has a name---unFairmont   The car has a name---unFairmont Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 10:27 pm

mine is montzilla jr
Back to top Go down
ZephyrEFI

ZephyrEFI

PostSubject: Re: The car has a name---unFairmont   The car has a name---unFairmont Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 9:14 am

My car's name is Zephrey. or "Zeph" for short. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2286370
Aug

Aug

PostSubject: Re: The car has a name---unFairmont   The car has a name---unFairmont Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 1:26 am

I'm liking the new car/exhaust note. At work, I've been getting a lot of, "Hey, was that you driving that bright red square looking thing?" And I'd be like, "Yeah." So they're like, "What the hell do you have in there? It sounds pretty stout." And I'm like, "Just a 302." And so on.

I'm not sure if I liked driving the crappy looking one more, because then people would want to laugh at it, then get blown off, but having people just say, "nice car" is kinda neat too.

Later,
Mike.
Back to top Go down
Futurama

Futurama

PostSubject: Re: The car has a name---unFairmont   The car has a name---unFairmont Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 11:47 am

Aug wrote:
I'm liking the new car/exhaust note. At work, I've been getting a lot of, "Hey, was that you driving that bright red square looking thing?" And I'd be like, "Yeah." So they're like, "What the hell do you have in there? It sounds pretty stout." And I'm like, "Just a 302." And so on.

I'm not sure if I liked driving the crappy looking one more, because then people would want to laugh at it, then get blown off, but having people just say, "nice car" is kinda neat too.

Later,
Mike.
no lieing there i got compliments fromsome of the strangest people around but there are morethan when i was just another jackass with aloud mustang.
Back to top Go down
bigblockcowboy

bigblockcowboy

PostSubject: Re: The car has a name---unFairmont   The car has a name---unFairmont Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 11:50 pm

Mine's called Super Zeph. Too bad it ain't so super. Yet.......
Back to top Go down
Aug

Aug

PostSubject: Re: The car has a name---unFairmont   The car has a name---unFairmont Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 1:27 pm

I'm trying to decide if I should put the 5.0 badges on the fenders and trunk or not. On my old car, I had placed a "Ford" oval on the right side of the decklid, like they did in the 80s, and a 5.0 on the left side. I once got a parking ticket for a "Ford 5.0". I had also replaced the block letters "FORD" on the grille with a Ford oval. I'd kinda like to do all of that with the new car to pay homage to the old one, but then I kinda like the stock look, but then I keep getting people asking what's in it, but then I was the first person in this area with a 5.0 badge on the back, but now there are a few others....sheesh...

Maybe I should get a couple of "Cobra" snakes to put on the sides, since this car could be considered a continuation of the Torino Cobra, and I have the old style "COBRA...POWERED BY FORD" valve covers.

Opinions?

Later,
Mike.
Back to top Go down
z7turbo

z7turbo

PostSubject: Re: The car has a name---unFairmont   The car has a name---unFairmont Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 4:05 pm

Mine is Junk Yard Dog.

I've also considered the name Leroy Brown.

Last edited by z7turbo on Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
fangar150-ex

PostSubject: Re: The car has a name---unFairmont   The car has a name---unFairmont Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 10:17 am

i call mine FANGAR EX 150 TC VII or FANG for short, as it is a combination of FAirmont, mustaNG, cougAR, EXplorer, F150, Town Car & mark VII. i hated spending big money for anything that was just going to to torn-up driving on back roads so i just fused a bunch of parts together to make it. now that i'm going to keep it and drive it on the paved roads, i'm taking more time to refine it into a cruiser and be reliable, the sefi engine was by far the best mod to the car, great brakes and suspension also help.
Back to top Go down
Futurama

Futurama

PostSubject: Re: The car has a name---unFairmont   The car has a name---unFairmont Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 7:11 pm

Aug wrote:
I'm trying to decide if I should put the 5.0 badges on the fenders and trunk or not. On my old car, I had placed a "Ford" oval on the right side of the decklid, like they did in the 80s, and a 5.0 on the left side. I once got a parking ticket for a "Ford 5.0". I had also replaced the block letters "FORD" on the grille with a Ford oval. I'd kinda like to do all of that with the new car to pay homage to the old one, but then I kinda like the stock look, but then I keep getting people asking what's in it, but then I was the first person in this area with a 5.0 badge on the back, but now there are a few others....sheesh...

Maybe I should get a couple of "Cobra" snakes to put on the sides, since this car could be considered a continuation of the Torino Cobra, and I have the old style "COBRA...POWERED BY FORD" valve covers.

Opinions?

Later,
Mike.
ugh, please dont put cobra or svt anything on your car. svo is ok but no cobra badges or i will drive up the and do burnouts on your lawn lol
Back to top Go down
super4ord

PostSubject: Re: The car has a name---unFairmont   The car has a name---unFairmont Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 9:32 pm

Well, I have decided to call my '81 Fairmont wagon a "Merford Henway Cruiser". Yes there is a story behind this. When I got it, the Fairmont emblem was missing from the rear hatch. I decided then and there I would call it a Henway. Since it is a Fairmont with Mercury Zephyr headlights & grill plus other parts, my wife said I should call it a Merford, since it has the Mercury parts and is a Ford. So a Merford Henway it became. Since it is to become a cruiser after it is finished, it was just a natural extension also. Like the Olds Vista Cruiser wagons of yesteryear.

I had always wanted to call a car a Henway, since it was an old farmers joke when I was growing up. I once saw a Model T hotrod built mostly of wood. The guy had a Henway emblem on it that he had special made. When someone would ask him "What's a Henway". He would reply, "Oh, about 2 or 3 pounds" Yes, as in like a chicken. I figured if I entered it in a car show or a cruise night I'd register it as a "Merford Henway". This way if anyone asks, "What's a Merford Henway", I could respond with,"Oh, about the same as a Rhode Island Red".

So now you know the goofy story of the naming of my Merford Henway.

Darrell
Back to top Go down
Aug

Aug

PostSubject: Re: The car has a name---unFairmont   The car has a name---unFairmont Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 12:25 pm

Futurama wrote:
ugh, please dont put cobra or svt anything on your car. svo is ok but no cobra badges or i will drive up the and do burnouts on your lawn lol

Therein lies the rub. If I put old Torino Cobra emblems on the sides, then everyone would assume that they are SVT cobra emblems, and not get the idea that the car is essentially a really, really, late model Torino. I guess I'll just have the snail decals made up, and put them on the fenders.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The car has a name---unFairmont   The car has a name---unFairmont Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The car has a name---unFairmont
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ford Fairmont & Mercury Zephyr Owners and Enthusiast :: Message Board-
Jump to: