Ford Fairmont & Mercury Zephyr Owners and Enthusiast
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ford Fairmont & Mercury Zephyr Owners and Enthusiast

Scince : Jan 1st/2001 Orig.Fairmont 302 Forum Scince: Nov 8th/2008

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Like/Tweet
Latest topics
» '78 and '79 Fairmont and Zephyr ES
BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2022 11:19 pm by GrantBB

» Stymees'mont / Eric'c Fairmonts
BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2022 11:44 pm by GrantBB

» Window Weather Stripping
BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2022 2:06 am by GrantBB

» Fairmont at Nelson Ledges Road Course
BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2021 6:32 pm by GrantBB

» Latest track day video: Summit Point Shenandoah
BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2021 11:14 pm by GrantBB

» Back in the Fairmont saddle again.
BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2021 12:38 am by GrantBB

» New to the Group Texasfairmont from south Texas
BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2021 1:49 am by GrantBB

» 20 years of Fairmont 302
BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2021 7:45 pm by Stymees'mont

» Keep it or Scrap It ?
BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2020 3:50 pm by Red 78'

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
free forum

BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go down 
+4
bigblockcowboy
ZephyrEFI
Revolution909
ybuy4n
8 posters
AuthorMessage
ybuy4n

ybuy4n

BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 7:21 pm

to some.

Im gathering all the engine/trans parts to swap out my 306/tremec 3550 combo for...............................

a 496 BBC with oval port heads. I know that most are going to scream----- why?

its very simple though,i want to go seriously faster with my 1/8th mile times.Ive got a454 available to use,a friend gave me a set of manley H-beam rods to do a 496.I still need to buy the forged flat top pistons and a scat 496 crank to tie it all together,but its going to be a monster drag car that is still streetable and will gulp a 300 shot of nitrous.
My choice for transmission is a powerglide.I already have one also that needs a fresh build.
Im pulling the current drivetrain out and putting it up to use in a fairmont wagon when i
find one.
ive been a big believer in the motto" put a ford in a ford",but i cant argue with the cost of doing a bbc build compared to the cost of a bbf.Its simply cheaper.
Back to top Go down
Revolution909

Revolution909

PostSubject: Re: BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 8:19 pm

Terrible....

You can refrain from posting pics of the build....
Back to top Go down
ZephyrEFI

ZephyrEFI

PostSubject: Re: BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 12:47 am

How about a Subaru flat 4? No, I know, a Nissan Skyline I-6.

Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2286370
bigblockcowboy

bigblockcowboy

PostSubject: Re: BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 1:31 am

A single tear rolls down my cheek..........
Back to top Go down
TealP51

TealP51

PostSubject: Re: BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 11:47 am

Just turbo the small block.

-Mike S.
Back to top Go down
ybuy4n

ybuy4n

PostSubject: Re: BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 12:33 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
bigblockcowboy

bigblockcowboy

PostSubject: Re: BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 7:31 pm

I may not agree with putting a chebby in a Ford, and I may poke a little fun at ya, but if you happen to make more power and go faster with an off brand engine, give'er hell and at least it's the right brand on the outside. But you better come with proof in timeslips lol!
Back to top Go down
Stymees'mont

Stymees'mont

PostSubject: Re: BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 12:33 am

YA !!! LOL
Back to top Go down
http://fast-fairmonts.weebly.com/index.html
Futurama

Futurama

PostSubject: Re: BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 12:53 pm

where's the barf smiley??
Back to top Go down
troofrs

PostSubject: Re: BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 7:22 pm

if you want to go faster with chevy power why dont you buy a damn chevy to do it with.All the fun of these cars is the fact that they ARE fords of a completely different shape and chevy guys erspect that but when you go chevy power they really do laugh at us pu8re ford freaks and thats the fun of owning something powered by a plant that is as different as the car itself.I know by now you have already begun on your project but i hope you dont start to be a true chevy guy and remember how goo it felt to rip a chevy powered anything a new ass just because it was a chevy and you know the owner THOUGHT he could take you because you were driving a FORD.PLEASE dont take offence to this i just want to plead with you one time before you own another piece of chevy powered ford rarity. HOW MANY CHEVY POWERED FORDS DOES THE WORLD NEED? this is just my nickels worth,fellow box top owner,POWERED BY FORD!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ford Fairmont & Mercury Zephyr Owners and Enthusiast :: Message Board-
Jump to: