Ford Fairmont & Mercury Zephyr Owners and Enthusiast
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ford Fairmont & Mercury Zephyr Owners and Enthusiast

Scince : Jan 1st/2001 Orig.Fairmont 302 Forum Scince: Nov 8th/2008

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Like/Tweet
Latest topics
» '78 and '79 Fairmont and Zephyr ES
Displays at Shows Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2022 11:19 pm by GrantBB

» Stymees'mont / Eric'c Fairmonts
Displays at Shows Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2022 11:44 pm by GrantBB

» Window Weather Stripping
Displays at Shows Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2022 2:06 am by GrantBB

» Fairmont at Nelson Ledges Road Course
Displays at Shows Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2021 6:32 pm by GrantBB

» Latest track day video: Summit Point Shenandoah
Displays at Shows Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2021 11:14 pm by GrantBB

» Back in the Fairmont saddle again.
Displays at Shows Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2021 12:38 am by GrantBB

» New to the Group Texasfairmont from south Texas
Displays at Shows Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2021 1:49 am by GrantBB

» 20 years of Fairmont 302
Displays at Shows Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2021 7:45 pm by Stymees'mont

» Keep it or Scrap It ?
Displays at Shows Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2020 3:50 pm by Red 78'

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
free forum

Displays at Shows

Go down 
+2
TealP51
Red 78'
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Red 78'

Red 78'

Displays at Shows Empty
PostSubject: Displays at Shows   Displays at Shows Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 2:55 am

When you take your car to a show. Do you set up any kind of display?
I put out the original window sticker, the dealer brochure, past awards, and these 11"x14" posters I made.
Displays at Shows POSTERnet2d
Displays at Shows POSTERnet4d

One of these days I will put together a photo album of the restoration and history.
I like when people have pictures to look at.

What do you do?
Back to top Go down
http://myzephyrs.com/
TealP51

TealP51

Displays at Shows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Displays at Shows   Displays at Shows Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 2:33 pm

I just pull up and unload my mini-trailer so I can set up my lawn chairs, my E-Z Up canopy, my small drink table, my cooler full of water and diet soda, my pizza from the local Little Caesars', and my 24-pack of donuts from Wal-Mart, and properly display my giant placard complete with dash plaques, faded photos, and narrative with a weak attempt at humor, my bashful baby doll leaning up against the front bumper, my carhop tray full of fake '50s food on the windowsill, (even if the car is the '93 Cobra) my huge collection of trophies surrounding the bashful baby, most of which weren't awarded for that car and a couple of which I found at Goodwill, my candy tray with a picture of a cartoon pig that I put on the core support which sports a sign that says, "Take one, but don't be too piggy!!!" my model car with mirrored wind up turntable that I put on the engine, and my mahogany box with a sign that says "Don't Open" and when someone does, a spring loaded cloth weasel pops out and makes the girls scream.

On the rare occasion that someone does ask me something about the car, I just sit back and say "Hey, I don't know anything about it, I bought it this way, but thanks for your interest and be sure to take a piece'o'candy!

If the show is near Christmas, I dress up like Santa, put Christmas lights everywhere, make the kids uneasy, put the bashful baby doll on the rear bumper, put one of those wire frame motorized "feeding deer" lawn thingies in front, and get into a big, loud argument with the show official about the extension cords.

I love car shows.

-Mike S.
Back to top Go down
Futurama

Futurama

Displays at Shows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Displays at Shows   Displays at Shows Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 10:28 pm

i just stay in the car and when judges come by i crank up the motor and let em feel the ground shake
Back to top Go down
eignub

eignub

Displays at Shows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Displays at Shows   Displays at Shows Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 3:06 am

Futurama wrote:
i just stay in the car and when judges come by i crank up the motor and let em feel the ground shake
hahahahaha
Back to top Go down
Aug

Aug

Displays at Shows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Displays at Shows   Displays at Shows Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 5:02 pm

I usually get there early so that I can unload all of the stuff that isn't secured, and put the race tires on (which I carry mostly in my trunk, except for one that has to go in the back seat). Then, after installing and torquing all tires, I report for tech inspection. After that, drivers' meeting, then usually a work assignment. During the break, I'll make sure that my tire pressures are correct (usually about 40 front, 30 rear). After that, report to grid. Then, drive like hell for about 60 seconds at a time, while trying to miss all the cones. Listen to people be all confused about how THAT car can do THAT. Then, go back to the paddock all frustrated because I hit a cone, and change back to the street tires while they figure out who gets trophies. Get trophy, then drive around all sideways and stuff, because the street tires are on. Clean up course, drive home, nap.

Oh, wait. That's not a car show. That's an autocross. I've never had my car to a car show.

Never use a Gatling gun in the house.

Later,
Mike.
Back to top Go down
rancheronut

rancheronut

Displays at Shows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Displays at Shows   Displays at Shows Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 6:37 pm

sorry ! i don't do car shows. tomany crazy people hang out there affraid .

i have been with a local car club from 1982" to about 2007.
there alot of the crazy ones that think it has to be factory correct this and that! i love to ask those kind of people ,if the car got any overspray or orange peel on there car's. of course they say something like"no way are you stupid". with a nice smile. i reply, well that the factory correct!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Displays at Shows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Displays at Shows   Displays at Shows Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Displays at Shows
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ford Fairmont & Mercury Zephyr Owners and Enthusiast :: Message Board-
Jump to: