Ford Fairmont & Mercury Zephyr Owners and Enthusiast
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ford Fairmont & Mercury Zephyr Owners and Enthusiast

Scince : Jan 1st/2001 Orig.Fairmont 302 Forum Scince: Nov 8th/2008

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Like/Tweet
Latest topics
» '78 and '79 Fairmont and Zephyr ES
new shoes for the fairmont Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2022 11:19 pm by GrantBB

» Stymees'mont / Eric'c Fairmonts
new shoes for the fairmont Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2022 11:44 pm by GrantBB

» Window Weather Stripping
new shoes for the fairmont Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2022 2:06 am by GrantBB

» Fairmont at Nelson Ledges Road Course
new shoes for the fairmont Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2021 6:32 pm by GrantBB

» Latest track day video: Summit Point Shenandoah
new shoes for the fairmont Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2021 11:14 pm by GrantBB

» Back in the Fairmont saddle again.
new shoes for the fairmont Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2021 12:38 am by GrantBB

» New to the Group Texasfairmont from south Texas
new shoes for the fairmont Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2021 1:49 am by GrantBB

» 20 years of Fairmont 302
new shoes for the fairmont Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2021 7:45 pm by Stymees'mont

» Keep it or Scrap It ?
new shoes for the fairmont Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2020 3:50 pm by Red 78'

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
free forum

Similar topics

new shoes for the fairmont

Go down 
+3
bsharer
Futurama
ybuy4n
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ybuy4n

ybuy4n

new shoes for the fairmont Empty
PostSubject: new shoes for the fairmont   new shoes for the fairmont Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 6:35 pm

im picking them up next friday. 325/50/15 mickey thompson drag radials

i have to buy a set of 11 or 12 inch wheels and have it minitubbed.Im going to wolfe racecraft in february to get a set of minitubs.I met a guy thru a friend that has a shop doing chassiswork.need to take it to get an estimate from him.should be around march before the work is done and i can get pics.
the car will sit at its present height and tuck tire.this will look sick when it is finished.i am hoping that the 325's will give it the ability to hook without the slicks needing to be put on every time to run.
Back to top Go down
Futurama

Futurama

PostSubject: Re: new shoes for the fairmont   new shoes for the fairmont Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 1:16 am

ah i wanted to be the first minitubbed fairmont. lol. is the chassis guy james b?
Back to top Go down
ybuy4n

ybuy4n

PostSubject: Re: new shoes for the fairmont   new shoes for the fairmont Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 2:10 am

i think his name is chris?but i might also use a friend that has a chassis(on the side)shop.southside customs.
Back to top Go down
Futurama

Futurama

PostSubject: Re: new shoes for the fairmont   new shoes for the fairmont Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 7:40 am

not who i was thinking of, i was thinking of james B on our other board.
Back to top Go down
ybuy4n

ybuy4n

PostSubject: Re: new shoes for the fairmont   new shoes for the fairmont Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 12:20 pm

i dont deal with many of those guys.they are either crybabies,snotty rich kids or a-holes with too much time on their hands.ive found a new home on a couple of websites that have regular guys that are into the hardcore racing
Back to top Go down
bsharer

PostSubject: Re: new shoes for the fairmont   new shoes for the fairmont Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 3:13 pm

Wha?

DFWStangs > anyotherboardontheinternet
Back to top Go down
ybuy4n

ybuy4n

PostSubject: Re: new shoes for the fairmont   new shoes for the fairmont Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 11:29 pm

ive spoken with people that have spoken to you and i know from what they have said that you are way smarter than to believe that!
Back to top Go down
Futurama

Futurama

PostSubject: Re: new shoes for the fairmont   new shoes for the fairmont Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 9:40 pm

ybuy4n wrote:
i dont deal with many of those guys.they are either crybabies,snotty rich kids or a-holes with too much time on their hands.ive found a new home on a couple of websites that have regular guys that are into the hardcore racing
not all of them are bad Sad http://www.dfwstangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=381800
Back to top Go down
ybuy4n

ybuy4n

PostSubject: Re: new shoes for the fairmont   new shoes for the fairmont Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 10:55 pm

not all are bad.i read a lot of posts by people who arent part of the in crowd and they get ripped to shreds by a select few.it sucks to see that happen all the time.i prefer to deal with regular folks that have understanding that not everyone has the money to buy new edge cars or 05 and up models.the fox cars started the movement that led them to what they have.i have a fairmont and would have 10 more if i could afford it.I post on there and hear that no matter how fast i go in that car; it will always ONLY BE A FAIRMONT!! fuck that!!!!!!
i will challenge any of their street cars that say that to drag race at the track.they can say that its only a fucking fairmont, while they are staring at my fucking fairmont taillights!!!!!!

no not all members there are a holes,but there are enough to change my view of the site as a whole.
Back to top Go down
TealP51

TealP51

PostSubject: Re: new shoes for the fairmont   new shoes for the fairmont Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 12:35 am

I've never been to that board, or many other Mustang boards, but you nailed it when you said that only a select few there rip the others. That select few are insignificant and make no difference to anyone, they are insecure and they know it. Ripping on others makes them feel bigger, they are a pathetic crew.

What they say about your car tells you a lot about how they feel about themselves, and even about their cars, because they know that a shiny new GT with 20" wheels and a cold air kit can and will get its' ass handed to it by any one of a huge number of tuned Fox chassis cars - and they would rather not face it.

Have fun with your car, and don't be concerned about what some random net dot jagoff thinks about it.

-Mike S.
Back to top Go down
bigblockcowboy

bigblockcowboy

PostSubject: Re: new shoes for the fairmont   new shoes for the fairmont Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 12:51 am

Would love to see the looks on their faces if I ever run up against em after the Zeph is done and spank em and crack the hood to reveal * gasp * a 200 turbo six! Just wonderin how much boost a stock bottom end will take
Back to top Go down
Drop 330

PostSubject: Re: new shoes for the fairmont   new shoes for the fairmont Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 1:39 am

Check out teamzmotorsports.net. Im going to order the mini tub kit and double adjustable coil overs from him for my zephyr. Im going to do the mini tub myself and probably have them do a rear carrier for me ( shortened 2" per side and 9" bearing ends). The mini tub project doesnt look too complicated.
Back to top Go down
Futurama

Futurama

PostSubject: Re: new shoes for the fairmont   new shoes for the fairmont Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 6:13 am

i know some of select few and while some of them are truly assholes, some do know some things about car and post up stupid shit merely because they are bored at work and feel like thats the only way to stay busy. i cant blame ya karl. but if you go to the kdale one more time without calling me im gunna kick you in the nuts!
Back to top Go down
Aug

Aug

PostSubject: Re: new shoes for the fairmont   new shoes for the fairmont Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 4:42 pm

When ever anyone in a Fairmont spanks anyone in a Mustang, they should make sure that they have groceries in the trunk.

Sometimes. I'd get people laughing at my car because it looked like ass and had 5.0 emblems on the sides. Then I'd show them the one on the back. Once, I raced this guy with cobra emblems on the side of his 87-93 Mustang (but silver ground effects, go figure) about five times. I kept giving him the jump, then shifting to second when my rear tires were right beside his window. I had to short-shift, though, because I would've been past him if I ran first all the way out. But I really wanted him to experience the full effect of tire squalkage right next to his open window. After the fifth light, when he finally rolled up, head hanging, I said, "Hey, that thing doesn't run too bad!" He quietly said, "Thanks." Oh, yeah, I almost forgot...that whole thing started when my wife waved bye-bye to him at the first light. She's such a troublemaker.

Never pet a burning dog.

Later,
Mike.
Back to top Go down
ybuy4n

ybuy4n

PostSubject: Re: new shoes for the fairmont   new shoes for the fairmont Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 11:55 pm

ill definitely let you know next time i go ahead of time.it may be a couple months though.it will be getting new engine parts and suspension/tire upgrades.you will all the time necessary to get your technique down perfect. silent
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: new shoes for the fairmont   new shoes for the fairmont Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

new shoes for the fairmont
Page 1 of 1