Ford Fairmont & Mercury Zephyr Owners and Enthusiast
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ford Fairmont & Mercury Zephyr Owners and Enthusiast

Scince : Jan 1st/2001 Orig.Fairmont 302 Forum Scince: Nov 8th/2008

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Like/Tweet
Latest topics
» '78 and '79 Fairmont and Zephyr ES
tail - Brake Lights Tail lights Turn signals Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2022 11:19 pm by GrantBB

» Stymees'mont / Eric'c Fairmonts
tail - Brake Lights Tail lights Turn signals Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2022 11:44 pm by GrantBB

» Window Weather Stripping
tail - Brake Lights Tail lights Turn signals Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2022 2:06 am by GrantBB

» Fairmont at Nelson Ledges Road Course
tail - Brake Lights Tail lights Turn signals Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2021 6:32 pm by GrantBB

» Latest track day video: Summit Point Shenandoah
tail - Brake Lights Tail lights Turn signals Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2021 11:14 pm by GrantBB

» Back in the Fairmont saddle again.
tail - Brake Lights Tail lights Turn signals Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2021 12:38 am by GrantBB

» New to the Group Texasfairmont from south Texas
tail - Brake Lights Tail lights Turn signals Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2021 1:49 am by GrantBB

» 20 years of Fairmont 302
tail - Brake Lights Tail lights Turn signals Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2021 7:45 pm by Stymees'mont

» Keep it or Scrap It ?
tail - Brake Lights Tail lights Turn signals Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2020 3:50 pm by Red 78'

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
free forum

Similar topics

Brake Lights Tail lights Turn signals

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
paullywog1973

paullywog1973

tail - Brake Lights Tail lights Turn signals Empty
PostSubject: Brake Lights Tail lights Turn signals   tail - Brake Lights Tail lights Turn signals Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 2:05 am

i have a 1978 Mercury Zephyr im having issues with my brake lights and front driver side turnsignals.... all of my brake lights and turn signals work untill i turn on my head lights and then my driver side turn indicators quit working and mt brake lights quit working but my tail lights work fine.... i replaced every bulb in the car.... ive checked the wires and replaced bulbs and i did notice some cracking in the plastic of the light sockets.... what would cause these lights to quit working and where can i find replacement light sockets... thank you for your help
Back to top Go down
Aug

Aug

PostSubject: Re: Brake Lights Tail lights Turn signals   tail - Brake Lights Tail lights Turn signals Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 12:55 am

Sounds like you have ground issues. Motormite (Help) should be able to supply you with the correct sockets. Advance, Autozone, NAPA should all be able to get you what you need. I'm gonna hazard a guess, and say that the ground pin (which is on the side of the socket) may be gone. Does your left turn signal indicator come on and stay on when you turn on the lights? Also, check all of your ground wires, and the terminals where the wires ground to the chassis.

I hope this helps.

Later,
Mike.
Back to top Go down
paullywog1973

paullywog1973

PostSubject: Re: Brake Lights Tail lights Turn signals   tail - Brake Lights Tail lights Turn signals Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 11:46 pm

When i turn the lights on my left hazard indicator stays lit.... With the lights off my indicators work properly.... Thank you for you input i will check the ground wires again and the grounds on the sockets
Back to top Go down
paullywog1973

paullywog1973

PostSubject: Re: Brake Lights Tail lights Turn signals   tail - Brake Lights Tail lights Turn signals Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 5:51 pm

Well i dug into it again today.... i replaced 3 sockets and i found a place in the harness where someone cut the wires and taped them together i cut the wires and reparied that mess..... The problem was they had the tail light wires on the brake light side of the socket and brake light on the tail light side .... there was two hot wires running to the same circuit so the turn signals was overloading.... final results i have turn signals head lights brake lights and tail lights...... everything works wonderfulll final cost 28$ for 3 sockets
Back to top Go down
Aug

Aug

PostSubject: Re: Brake Lights Tail lights Turn signals   tail - Brake Lights Tail lights Turn signals Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 1:15 am

Glad to hear you got it licked. It's always good to figure out the electrical crap!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brake Lights Tail lights Turn signals   tail - Brake Lights Tail lights Turn signals Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brake Lights Tail lights Turn signals
Page 1 of 1