Ford Fairmont & Mercury Zephyr Owners and Enthusiast
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ford Fairmont & Mercury Zephyr Owners and Enthusiast

Scince : Jan 1st/2001 Orig.Fairmont 302 Forum Scince: Nov 8th/2008

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Like/Tweet
Latest topics
» '78 and '79 Fairmont and Zephyr ES
mustang - southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2022 11:19 pm by GrantBB

» Stymees'mont / Eric'c Fairmonts
mustang - southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2022 11:44 pm by GrantBB

» Window Weather Stripping
mustang - southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2022 2:06 am by GrantBB

» Fairmont at Nelson Ledges Road Course
mustang - southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2021 6:32 pm by GrantBB

» Latest track day video: Summit Point Shenandoah
mustang - southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2021 11:14 pm by GrantBB

» Back in the Fairmont saddle again.
mustang - southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2021 12:38 am by GrantBB

» New to the Group Texasfairmont from south Texas
mustang - southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2021 1:49 am by GrantBB

» 20 years of Fairmont 302
mustang - southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2021 7:45 pm by Stymees'mont

» Keep it or Scrap It ?
mustang - southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2020 3:50 pm by Red 78'

March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
free forum

Similar topics

southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth

Go down 
+3
Revolution909
fox81
fangar150-ex
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
fangar150-ex

mustang - southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth Empty
PostSubject: southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth   mustang - southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 10:12 pm

feb 21st 2010. all F L M Bodied cars are welcome. (even Fairmonts)
Benfit for Easter Seals, Blake Foundation.
4th ave tucson az between 6th & 8th street
25 bones a pop per entry
only 225 car limit
sponsored by southern az mustang club inc, jim click, holmes tuttle
info 520 622 6118
register online @ www.southernarizonaclub.org.
i know there are fairmonts in the vicinity-lets see how many show-up......
Back to top Go down
fox81

PostSubject: Re: southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth   mustang - southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 10:13 pm

Think they let my Zephyr in? Since well it ain't exactly purdy at the moment....
Back to top Go down
fangar150-ex

PostSubject: Re: southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth   mustang - southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 12:26 am

the flyer i got from work clearly states any Ford Lincoln Mercury bodied car.

look at it this way, the meet is sponsored by the southern arizona MUSTANG club. so you know there are going to be shit-loads of mustangs, some will be cool, some not so cool, some will be money kits that people assemble from a box or have simply just paid the cash for. needless to say, your gonna get to where all the mustangs start to look the same, right.....

well if there are a couple of CRAPPY OLD FAIRMONTS THERE, THEY WILL STICK OUT LIKE A TURD IN THE PUNCHBOWL.....

have you ever seen a fairmont or a Zephyr ANYWHERE? yeah you get the ocasional one here and there.

so back to the punchbowl, dont you think the turd swimming around amongst the ice cubes gets some attention? yeah, everyone would want to come and have a look and a laugh!!!

well i dont give two shiny corn-laden shites. i built my turd from the ground up and all around. i'm hoping to win a prize for the ugliest car there, if not i would settle for for the crappiest ride. but then again, the biggest pile of shite to ever show-up at the meet, would be even better!!!!

i think the best thing about this meet is the is there will be a lot of cars there, i should imagine most will be fox bodies. so look at it as a TECHNOLOGY-FEST.

on the other side of the coin, its also an opportunity to collect more parts, or make contacts, and just get away from home for a while and enjoy the atmosphere.

you dont know what you are going to see, some of these guys have really put some time and thought into thier cars, and most of these guys and girls will willingly share their info and techniques. you may see something that you may want to replicate or may get an idea of something you may want to do later.

there's a guy in california whose name is sanchez, he's in a few magazine articles, (kinda like the project X 55 chevy). he has a mustang that is highly modified, when i say modified, i mean he uses all Ford stock parts and he is always coming up with new ideas. the car is a beast, i dont think theres piles of money in it, but what catches my eye is the imagination.

i'm going, & i'm taking the guy who helped me change the last engine when we did the engine swap and injection conversion in a day, we started around 9 ish and was burning gasoline by 5:30 or so. no drugs involved, the guy was sick on that day also. (we were just trying to meet a challenge.)

if anyone says anything thats harsh, just ask them if they know what platform the mustang is built on, i always call the mustang the Fairmont II.

go on be a devil, hey it's only 25 bones and the day should be blast to remember.

hope to see you there.

later jb....
Back to top Go down
fox81

PostSubject: Re: southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth   mustang - southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 3:09 pm

You're right, there would be no Mustang with out our Fairmonts. So maybe I'll just have to show up and see how many comments I'll get. Plus this may give me some motivation to get it one uniform color!

So if you get your Fairmont in, me with my Zephyr and if we can get eignub there with one of his we'll have quite the showing of early Fox cars and see how much interest we'll garner by sticking out like a sore thumb or a turd in a punch bowl.
Back to top Go down
fangar150-ex

PostSubject: Re: southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth   mustang - southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 7:17 pm

cool, i'm certain there will be plenty of vehicles that are "under construction".
there should also be plenty inspiration, inovation, and technology. some of these guys will have loads of mods that you may be interested in, maybe even some far-out front bumper ideas!!
if nothing else, like i said, it's 25 bones for a day out, and its it's reason to wash the damn thing, an oportunity to take a cruise.
you could always go to the airforce museum if it goes south.
i want to see what the early fox mustang power mirrors look like, i gotta feellin they may fit the F/Z's.
let me know if your gonna go or bail.
later jb....
Back to top Go down
fangar150-ex

PostSubject: Re: southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth   mustang - southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 12:38 am

if it dont rain before the meet, im gonna wash it, i dont want to alter the red/rust "patina naturale",then again, the only time it shines is when it's wet. i sent the wedge.
go on you two guys, be a devil..... do it!!!
Back to top Go down
fox81

PostSubject: Re: southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth   mustang - southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 6:27 pm

I'll be sending it in once I get a few other things out of the way. Which will be in the next day or so.

Now we just need to get that third Fairmont in, then it'll be a crowd.
Back to top Go down
Revolution909

Revolution909

PostSubject: Re: southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth   mustang - southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 7:44 am

I wish I could go Sad... Its snowing and cold outside...
Back to top Go down
fangar150-ex

PostSubject: Re: southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth   mustang - southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 8:43 am

i'd also like to see a couple or so more Fairmonts & Zephyrs from the area.

id like to attend the Fairmont Bash, but it aint gonna happen, time off work & traveling, lodging, grub, work is slow etc.
Back to top Go down
fox81

PostSubject: Re: southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth   mustang - southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 11:31 pm

Just sent in my payment. Now we'll have one Fairmont and one Zephyr there for sure. Lets get some more!!
Back to top Go down
eignub

eignub

PostSubject: Re: southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth   mustang - southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 1:41 am

oh damn, i almost missed this! i hadnt been on in a couple days and just now saw it! i am hoping my 2 door will be out of the shop soon, otherwise i might jsut have to settle with my 4 door. but i'll see if i can get in on it
Back to top Go down
fangar150-ex

PostSubject: Re: southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth   mustang - southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 3:25 pm

hey that sounds great guys, hope to see youy there, just dont try to rob the crappiest award from me. great news!!! a Faimont Futura, a Zephyr and a 4dr!!!
Back to top Go down
fox81

PostSubject: Re: southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth   mustang - southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 9:24 pm

eignub wrote:
oh damn, i almost missed this! i hadnt been on in a couple days and just now saw it! i am hoping my 2 door will be out of the shop soon, otherwise i might jsut have to settle with my 4 door. but i'll see if i can get in on it

So are ya in or out? Very Happy

I got the confirmation email yesterday saying that the packet with all the info will be arriving in the mail within the next few weeks. So I'll have to get going on the Zephyr! Prolly order carpet this coming week sometime and then order the interior paint. Hmmm, man my "to do" list has a lot on it!
Back to top Go down
eignub

eignub

PostSubject: Re: southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth   mustang - southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 12:48 am

anyone know if i can still sign up for this? i finally found out i should be able to make it.

EDIT
Well, i went ahead and paid for it, I guess i'll find out if i can still get in tomorrow. My car isnt anywhere close to being ready though unfortunately, wont be anyone standing around my car for sure. I was hoping to have the 2 dr ready, but we ran into a problem that the head was cracked. It took a while to source a new one, and wont be done for another week or two. So ill have my 4 dr with me. Where should we all meet so we can park together? (if i can still get in)
Back to top Go down
fangar150-ex

PostSubject: Re: southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth   mustang - southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 8:53 am

that sounds great, as you are from the Old Pueblo, try to find a place not too far from the meet where fox 81 an i can meet you. fox 81 is from oracle, and i have to pick up a guy in Palominas, and a kid in Benson so i'll be living early. you can guide us to the place. along the motorway is fine. im looking foreward to meeting you guys.
Back to top Go down
Revolution909

Revolution909

PostSubject: Re: southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth   mustang - southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 12:55 pm

You guys better take pics!!! Not of the mustangs, but of the F/Z's lol.
Back to top Go down
fox81

PostSubject: Re: southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth   mustang - southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 11:13 pm

There will be lots of pics!

Alright, well any where is fine for me. But how about I-10 and Congress? At that Circle K? I think that would be a good spot then we could cruise on over to 4th. Post up if you have any other ideas.
Back to top Go down
eignub

eignub

PostSubject: Re: southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth   mustang - southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 12:10 am

Back to top Go down
fangar150-ex

PostSubject: Re: southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth   mustang - southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 10:02 pm

sounds grand, let's do it....... what time?
Back to top Go down
fox81

PostSubject: Re: southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth   mustang - southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 10:46 pm

Stone and Speedway will work for me. Well the info I got in the mail said setup and arrival is between 7 and 9 AM. So how about like...7:30? Or would that be to early?
Back to top Go down
eignub

eignub

PostSubject: Re: southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth   mustang - southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 8:32 am

yeah, i guess lets try to meet there between 730 and 8.
Back to top Go down
fox81

PostSubject: Re: southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth   mustang - southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 10:29 pm

That'll work for me. See ya guys then!
Back to top Go down
fangar150-ex

PostSubject: Re: southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth   mustang - southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 11:01 pm

is there a place at stone and speedway you want to meet at?
Back to top Go down
fox81

PostSubject: Re: southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth   mustang - southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 11:13 pm

There's a Circle K just down the road a little bit on Speedway, its just past the Deanza Park

Last edited by fox81 on Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
eignub

eignub

PostSubject: Re: southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth   mustang - southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 1:02 pm

the url i posted has a map starting at the circle k. its a pretty good sized one, shouldnt be easy to miss.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth   mustang - southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

southern az mustang club: Fords on Fourth
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next