Ford Fairmont & Mercury Zephyr Owners and Enthusiast
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ford Fairmont & Mercury Zephyr Owners and Enthusiast

Scince : Jan 1st/2001 Orig.Fairmont 302 Forum Scince: Nov 8th/2008

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Like/Tweet
Latest topics
» '78 and '79 Fairmont and Zephyr ES
zephyr - Zephyr Project Note & Pics Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2022 11:19 pm by GrantBB

» Stymees'mont / Eric'c Fairmonts
zephyr - Zephyr Project Note & Pics Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2022 11:44 pm by GrantBB

» Window Weather Stripping
zephyr - Zephyr Project Note & Pics Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2022 2:06 am by GrantBB

» Fairmont at Nelson Ledges Road Course
zephyr - Zephyr Project Note & Pics Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2021 6:32 pm by GrantBB

» Latest track day video: Summit Point Shenandoah
zephyr - Zephyr Project Note & Pics Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2021 11:14 pm by GrantBB

» Back in the Fairmont saddle again.
zephyr - Zephyr Project Note & Pics Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2021 12:38 am by GrantBB

» New to the Group Texasfairmont from south Texas
zephyr - Zephyr Project Note & Pics Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2021 1:49 am by GrantBB

» 20 years of Fairmont 302
zephyr - Zephyr Project Note & Pics Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2021 7:45 pm by Stymees'mont

» Keep it or Scrap It ?
zephyr - Zephyr Project Note & Pics Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2020 3:50 pm by Red 78'

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
free forum

Similar topics

Zephyr Project Note & Pics

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
macmurr

macmurr

zephyr - Zephyr Project Note & Pics Empty
PostSubject: Zephyr Project Note & Pics   zephyr - Zephyr Project Note & Pics Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 11:17 pm

Hi all. Not had much to post since joining the forum and thought I'd add a few pics. Healing up from a skating injury (broken ankle) so my planned winter work on the car didn't happen. Great to read what many of you 'go fast' guys have done with your rides. My project's sure not as flashy - mainly interested in sprucing up the interior (carpet & headliner), floor pan work, prepping for new paint, and swapping the auto behind the I-6 for a period correct manual SROD (3+OD). Some interesting stuff at FordSix.com and may play with the six a little - perhaps a two-barrel. Most popular manual trans swap for the 200 appears to be a T-5. My SROD bell would only require a little machining if I opted for the five-speed.

I've included a couple of pics of my driver (barring a few spots in the floor it's a pretty clean northern car). There are also shots of a parts boxtop I pulled apart & had hauled away in November. Didn't shed a tear - doors were rotten and the floor, rockers & rear rails were dust. Removed just about every useful part, nut & bolt. Be some time before the driver's done but will let you know of any duplicates or leftovers. It's going to be a fun stock ride so I'm keeping the retro plaid seats. The buckets were toast but a local shop managed to source some NOS material for the recover.

Cheers, Steve

zephyr - Zephyr Project Note & Pics Driver11

zephyr - Zephyr Project Note & Pics Driver10

zephyr - Zephyr Project Note & Pics Bucket10

zephyr - Zephyr Project Note & Pics Srod10

zephyr - Zephyr Project Note & Pics Twins10

zephyr - Zephyr Project Note & Pics Flatbe10

zephyr - Zephyr Project Note & Pics Hangin10
Back to top Go down
Futurama

Futurama

PostSubject: Re: Zephyr Project Note & Pics   zephyr - Zephyr Project Note & Pics Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 6:46 pm

that coupe is in great shape man, take care of it..
Back to top Go down
macmurr

macmurr

PostSubject: Re: Zephyr Project Note & Pics   zephyr - Zephyr Project Note & Pics Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 8:47 pm

Thanks Steve. Been reading about your trip to the track with Karl on FEP. Bet you're glad to be back in game!
Back to top Go down
super4ord

PostSubject: Re: Zephyr Project Note & Pics   zephyr - Zephyr Project Note & Pics Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 10:01 pm

WOW Steve,

That is an absolutely gorgeous boxtop you have!!! I haven't been as successful as you in my searches. I've been looking for a 2 dr boxtop and a station wagon for 9 years now. Just found a maroon '81 wagon two weeks ago and purchased it. This is only the second one I've come accross here in the Oklahoma City area. I still haven't found a 2 dr boxtop. Some day I'll find a white one like I'm looking for, I hope! I might not be able to be that picky, since I haven't found one around here yet. I have been searching for the elusive SROD manual trans setup for a 200 also. I'd love to have a white 2 dr boxtop with a 200/SROD setup. That is still a dream of mine. Congrats on such a beautiful car.

Darrell
Back to top Go down
macmurr

macmurr

PostSubject: Re: Zephyr Project Note & Pics   zephyr - Zephyr Project Note & Pics Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 7:54 am

Appreciate the comments Darrell. With the heavy winter road salt up here F/Z's rusted quickly. I got lucky and found my driver in Ontario. Not mint like a western car but a solid platform to start with.

In the event you come across an SROD donor you'll find the shifter turret in either the forward or rear mounted position. Mine was in a bench seat car and closer to the front. When I first found the trans Mike (Aug - forum member) confirmed he had changed out his SROD shift rail & tube to mount it rearward for bucket seats. Was able to source the pieces and plan to do the same.

Steve

zephyr - Zephyr Project Note & Pics Srodsh10

zephyr - Zephyr Project Note & Pics Srodlo10
Back to top Go down
ZephyrEFI

ZephyrEFI

PostSubject: Re: Zephyr Project Note & Pics   zephyr - Zephyr Project Note & Pics Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 9:14 am

The buckets look awesome! Nice car!
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2286370
super4ord

PostSubject: Re: Zephyr Project Note & Pics   zephyr - Zephyr Project Note & Pics Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 7:26 pm

Wow! I did not know there were two different styles of SROD's. Thanks for the heads up on the front and rear mount shifters.

Darrell
Back to top Go down
Stymees'mont

Stymees'mont

PostSubject: Re: Zephyr Project Note & Pics   zephyr - Zephyr Project Note & Pics Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 8:38 pm

Looks great, are you going to keep the car the same color ? I had a '78 coupe with the same seats upolstery...keep us informed !

Stymees'mont
Back to top Go down
http://fast-fairmonts.weebly.com/index.html
macmurr

macmurr

PostSubject: Re: Zephyr Project Note & Pics   zephyr - Zephyr Project Note & Pics Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 10:25 pm

Pic below is before previous owner painted it. Interior base colour was the same as my parts car and I switched the seats, installed plain bumpers, and went back to stock wheels & covers. Not partial to the red and may take it back to original code 81 colour - Russet Metallic.

Steve

zephyr - Zephyr Project Note & Pics Origin10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zephyr Project Note & Pics   zephyr - Zephyr Project Note & Pics Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Zephyr Project Note & Pics
Page 1 of 1