Ford Fairmont & Mercury Zephyr Owners and Enthusiast
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ford Fairmont & Mercury Zephyr Owners and Enthusiast

Scince : Jan 1st/2001 Orig.Fairmont 302 Forum Scince: Nov 8th/2008

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Like/Tweet
Latest topics
» '78 and '79 Fairmont and Zephyr ES
Where did your screen name come from? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2022 11:19 pm by GrantBB

» Stymees'mont / Eric'c Fairmonts
Where did your screen name come from? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2022 11:44 pm by GrantBB

» Window Weather Stripping
Where did your screen name come from? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2022 2:06 am by GrantBB

» Fairmont at Nelson Ledges Road Course
Where did your screen name come from? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2021 6:32 pm by GrantBB

» Latest track day video: Summit Point Shenandoah
Where did your screen name come from? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2021 11:14 pm by GrantBB

» Back in the Fairmont saddle again.
Where did your screen name come from? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2021 12:38 am by GrantBB

» New to the Group Texasfairmont from south Texas
Where did your screen name come from? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2021 1:49 am by GrantBB

» 20 years of Fairmont 302
Where did your screen name come from? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2021 7:45 pm by Stymees'mont

» Keep it or Scrap It ?
Where did your screen name come from? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2020 3:50 pm by Red 78'

March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
free forum

Where did your screen name come from?

Go down 
+10
Red 78'
eignub
ZephyrEFI
Stymees'mont
Futurama
Revolution909
fastazz40th
bigblockcowboy
TealP51
detroitiron2000
14 posters
AuthorMessage
detroitiron2000

detroitiron2000

Where did your screen name come from? Empty
PostSubject: Where did your screen name come from?   Where did your screen name come from? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 10:24 am

I thought it might be fun for everyone to explain where their screen names came from.

Mine is DETROITIRON2000. As you all probably know, DETROITIRON is the slang term for muscle cars from the Big 3 (or little three as they might be referred to today LOL). I use plain DETROITIRON as my personal mail and I added the 2000 on it for use in auto forums.

How about yours?

Don

Last edited by detroitiron2000 on Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TealP51

TealP51

PostSubject: Re: Where did your screen name come from?   Where did your screen name come from? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 3:55 pm

Mine comes from this car, the first brand new car I ever bought.

Where did your screen name come from? Cobra5-4-08016-1

It's anything but stock now, but I made a big effort to keep it looking that way.

-Mike S.
Back to top Go down
bigblockcowboy

bigblockcowboy

PostSubject: Re: Where did your screen name come from?   Where did your screen name come from? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 9:04 pm

Mine comes from a drunken incident involving me, a cowboy hat and my 78, 440 powered Warlock 4x4. Read into it what you will
Back to top Go down
fastazz40th

fastazz40th

PostSubject: Re: Where did your screen name come from?   Where did your screen name come from? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 9:24 pm

mine came from my 2003 copper 8 second 40th Anniversary Hayabusa
Back to top Go down
Revolution909

Revolution909

PostSubject: Re: Where did your screen name come from?   Where did your screen name come from? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 9:59 pm

I have a unusual love of techno/dance music....

I am not ashamed LOL
Back to top Go down
Futurama

Futurama

PostSubject: Re: Where did your screen name come from?   Where did your screen name come from? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 10:37 pm

Revolution909 wrote:

I am not ashamed LOL
if i ever see someone jammin to techno driving a fairmont, im gunna run them off the road lol.

i think my name is pretty self explanatory.
Back to top Go down
Stymees'mont

Stymees'mont

PostSubject: Re: Where did your screen name come from?   Where did your screen name come from? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 11:35 pm

Mine...Stymee is a nick name I had from way back and 'mont well my Fairmont
Back to top Go down
http://fast-fairmonts.weebly.com/index.html
ZephyrEFI

ZephyrEFI

PostSubject: Re: Where did your screen name come from?   Where did your screen name come from? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 12:05 am

Futurama wrote:
if i ever see someone jammin to techno driving a fairmont, im gunna run them off the road lol.

Careful, that might be me too. Very Happy

My screen names have been more clever in the past, but for this forum, I chose mine because it seems like not a lot of people have EFI.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2286370
eignub

eignub

PostSubject: Re: Where did your screen name come from?   Where did your screen name come from? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 3:54 am

mine is bungie in reverse, one of the greatest (IMO) video game companies around. its kind of an inside joke, cause one of their earliest games (might've been their first, can't remember for sure) was gnop. which is just pong spelled backwards.
Back to top Go down
Revolution909

Revolution909

PostSubject: Re: Where did your screen name come from?   Where did your screen name come from? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 12:20 pm

Futurama wrote:
Revolution909 wrote:

I am not ashamed LOL

i think my name is pretty self explanatory.

LMAO! It would be a far ass drive to TX just to make you hear me listening to techno though.
Back to top Go down
Red 78'

Red 78'

PostSubject: Re: Where did your screen name come from?   Where did your screen name come from? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 12:52 pm

Because I own 2 Red 78's. And only have owned Red cars including my DD Park Avenue.
Back to top Go down
http://myzephyrs.com/
Fairmont_Jeff
Admin
Fairmont_Jeff

PostSubject: Re: Where did your screen name come from?   Where did your screen name come from? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 9:37 pm

My wifes Brother who showed my the ropes on the first PC I ever owned and who interduced me to the World Wide Web ,while creating my first ever E-mail account (The same one I still use lol) I was trying to think of a NickName and poking fun at me and my and I Quote "What is that Ugly Car called again" he called me Fairmont_jeff and I liked it and it Stuck hehehe
Back to top Go down
https://fairmont302.aforumfree.com
Aug

Aug

PostSubject: Re: Where did your screen name come from?   Where did your screen name come from? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 5:21 pm

The "snail" in my name comes from this:

Where did your screen name come from? Snail_10

This drawing was part of a larger one that a friend and I worked out. He was the artist, and I was the idea man. The snail, which, you can see, is going very fast (as evidenced by the red-hot forward facing surfaces on the shell, the blown back eye stalks, the grimace, and the snail-trail that bursts into flames as soon as it touches oxygen), and was actually pulling away from a dragonfly that was wearing a WWII leather flying cap and goggles, a white silk scarf blowing in the wind, and the same grimace. The idea was that the dragonfly (the hotrod of the insect world) was getting smoked by the snail. It became the "icon" for my car, because it's the "snail" of the automotive world, and it is sometimes able to smoke cars much faster than it. And, even when I lose, I still get, "What the HELL you got in that thing?" Which is pretty cool when the other guy is driving a $30,000 Firehawk. But I digress.

Anyway, that's the (long) short story of it.

Never pet a burning dog.

Later,
Mike.

Last edited by Aug on Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wording)
Back to top Go down
Aug

Aug

PostSubject: Re: Where did your screen name come from?   Where did your screen name come from? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 5:25 pm

Hey, I'm an idiot. I just realized that I don't use "snailmont5oh" here (for some reason).

Aug is a nickname that I had from a baby, and I still use it in Fairmont-related things because that's what I used back in the late '90s when I first found a Fairmont message board.

The above story applies to "snailmont5oh", which some may recognize from other forums. It's a better story anyway.

"Never ridicule a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you ridicule him, you're a mile away, and you have his shoes."

Later,
Mike.
Back to top Go down
detroitiron2000

detroitiron2000

PostSubject: Re: Where did your screen name come from?   Where did your screen name come from? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 12:45 am

LMAO! "Hey, I'm an idiot." That's a classic. I was reading your first note and I'm looking at your name "Aug" and wondering what I'm missing.

Post up the whole snail/dragonfly pic if you get a chance!

Don
Back to top Go down
Aug

Aug

PostSubject: Re: Where did your screen name come from?   Where did your screen name come from? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 3:36 am

I would post that pic, but it is lost and gone forever. We drew it in late '99 (at work), and didn't think about it for a long, long time, until the artist got transferred. We looked all over his computer for it, but it was gone. He redrew the snail for me because I want to make decals for my car out of it someday. We also started working on a short comic strip about the snail, and what happens after he wins the race. It goes as follows.

Panel 1: He's smoking along in the above pic.

Panel 2: There's a rock ahead, but he's still bringing it.

Panel 3: He sees the rock.

Panel 4: He gets alarmed at seeing the rock.

Panel 5: He tries to stop.

Panel 6: He doesn't.

Panel 7: He flips through the air, retracting into his shell.

Panel 8: He lands, and rolls to a stop.

Panel 9: He comes out of his shell.

Panel 10: He checks to see if anyone saw that.

Panel 11: He goes smoking along in the above pic.

"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer."

Later,
Mike.
Back to top Go down
ybuy4n

ybuy4n

PostSubject: Re: Where did your screen name come from?   Where did your screen name come from? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 12:09 am

my screen name comes from a true firm belief that we; as americans, should buy american made,american founded and american history holding car company cars and other products to support the american life and ability to maintain the way of life that our families and brethren have worked hard to establish.

i think that if you consider yourself a true blue AMERICAN,you should buy american .
that makes you a true american.
kick out the rice,bring up our american companies that were celebrated and flourished before the foreign car companies came in and offered junk at a cheap price.
if you wanna drive a hyundai or KIA move to korea.
wanna drive a honda,toyota,infiniti,lexus,scion move to japan.
wanna drive a rear wheel drive,V8, manual geared highway terror? stay in america!!! DRIVE A FORD FAIRMONT,A FUTURA,A ZEPHYR, THAT WAY YOU CAN CONFUSE A LOT OF PEOPLE ALL AT ONCE.The number 1 question that i get is. what is that?!ITS AN AMERICAN MOTHERFUCKING CAR! thats what it is.
YBUY4N!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YBUY4N!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YBUY4N!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rant over.
Back to top Go down
TealP51

TealP51

PostSubject: Re: Where did your screen name come from?   Where did your screen name come from? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 9:39 am

Most of those Japanese brand cars and trucks are built in the US, by US workers, with a good percentage of US made parts. My nephew builds Honda Accords in Marysville OH. Pays well too.

I agree with the premise of buying American, but these days, the definition is much more blurred than it was in the past. And like everyone here, I like playing with my old cars, but lets face it, buying a Fairmont or any other old American car now does absolutely nothing for American car companies or US auto workers. Want to help them? Buy something new so they can stay in business.

-MJS
Back to top Go down
z7turbo

z7turbo

PostSubject: Re: Where did your screen name come from?   Where did your screen name come from? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 4:51 pm

I think mine is obvious.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where did your screen name come from?   Where did your screen name come from? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where did your screen name come from?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ford Fairmont & Mercury Zephyr Owners and Enthusiast :: Message Board-
Jump to: