Like/Tweet
Latest topics
» Keep it or Scrap It ?
Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:07 pm by Fairmont_Jeff

» 2016 Projects Thread!
Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:09 pm by Stymees'mont

» 2015 Project Thread!
Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:22 pm by ZephyrEFI

» For Fairmont on the Road Course Videos...
Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:03 am by ZephyrEFI

» My Zeph 2015
Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:47 pm by ZephyrEFI

» what years to avoid emissions equipment?
Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:09 pm by fangar150-ex

» yoooohooooooo
Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:49 am by fangar150-ex

» 2014 Projects Thread!
Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:37 pm by ZephyrEFI

» '78 and '79 Fairmont and Zephyr ES
Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:41 pm by ZephyrEFI

September 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
free forum

Similar topics

Share | 

2014 Projects Thread!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
fangar150-ex

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Projects Thread!   Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:57 pm

275 rwhp, that's good!! does he have a tuned PCM or is he running stock calibration?? if you get the heads done and the PCM tuned for the mods, you may find that you pull a bit more, you never know...
I always like modifying things, I don't call it modifying, I call it personalizing things...it's a problem, not a gift. I'm never happy with things for very long.
the other problem I have is a reliability issue, that's why I always use stock parts, so if I do break down, I don't want to spend a week waiting for parts like the crap you have to go thru with MSD ignition systems. they want you to do all kinds of testing, then you have to wait for them to test it, then they'll send you another part to repair the system.
just like for your car, there are some really good TFI modules out there that have extended dwell times for better coil saturation, which should give a better spark, I'd still keep the old unit in the trunk just in case. there are even the HEI style distributors for the 5.0's which have a good dwell & spark.
for me it's just about having some fun, going for a cruise; then changing something else. I've still not finished the burn-out bottle/sprayer, the wires are run, I just need to do up a mounting system for the bottle and finish it off .I kinda like the smell of burnt rubber, there's gotta be something wrong with me.......I have never worn-out a set of tires on this car, they usually rot out first, so I don't mind abusing them, this time I went with a cheaper tire with a lower speed rating, why spend a ton of money on tires that wont last the mileage.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ZephyrEFI

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Projects Thread!   Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:44 pm

Yeah, I think his ECM is stock because his cam is a stock HO. So I'd be ahead of the game when I have the cam installed and the ECM tuned. Should be fun!

But I'm with you for the most part. I prefer Ford parts, or others that are easily replaced. I want this car to be one that I can maintain like I would any other with off-the-shelf parts. But, I'm still thankful that my cooling fan went out at a car show that had venders I could buy one from, slap it on, and be on my way. Good fortune there, for as much as it did suck.

Not doin' HEI. I don't want anything that's even GM-style on my car, haha. Plus you get that big ugly distributor that stands out like a sore thumb. With the changes I'm making, you're still going to open the hood and see what looks like a stock engine. That's another good reason to give my existing radiator every opportunity to work well, because it looks like a Ford one. Huge aluminum radiators do not.

That burnout bottle is such a good idea, haha!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2286370
ZephyrEFI

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Projects Thread!   Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:51 pm

I emailed Latemodel Restoration about why their kit is so much more expensive. Here's the answer I got.

Hello

Unfortunately I am not sure why it would be cheaper on other sites. Depending on the brand of parts and if the are new or reconditioned could affect the pricing on the parts. The parts included in the kit are new parts and are not reconditioned. The compressor and condenser and higher efficiency units and are designed to work together. The compressor does have the brackets require to mount it to the car also. This kit does also have a one year warranty on it.

Thanks
Mike

I suppose it's a combination of things. Convenience, warranty, new parts, a different and maybe not as commonly made compressor and condenser. I was reading the description, and I guess the kit sort of redesigns your system a bit, and it looks like the lines use threaded fittings too instead of spring clip ones. I'm guessing Hose Wizards is an American company, although LMR usually makes a big deal about it when parts are made in the USA. I have to imagine the Auto Zone stuff is Chinese made. I don't know... they might just be winning me over. The description also says when you put R134 in an R12 system, it isn't as efficient, and this kit's compressor and condenser compensate for that. I'm all for colder air coming out the vents. I enjoyed reading the one review where they say the instructions are hand written in poor penmanship. Hahahaha!
Back to top Go down
fangar150-ex

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Projects Thread!   Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:46 am

the problem is there, in the screw on fittings, that is an Asian thing. you don't want to over tighten those fittings, then again if everything is different, you are married to that company, wow a whole year warranty...napa, autozone & others offer lifetime warranty, and their parts will interchange. there is a refrigerant called Freeze 12, you can purchase it with out a R12 license, it's supposed to be as good as r12, and is also used for top-up on r12 systems.
there are so many decisions to make, but when you get down to it, i'm certain you'll make the correct one.
the FS6 compressor is readily available jus about anywhere.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ZephyrEFI

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Projects Thread!   Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:55 pm

I suppose you're right. I would be stuck with that brand if anything goes wrong. That would go against my "easy serviceability" goal for the car.

Is the FS6 the Ford R134 compressor? Ford was all R134 by '95 weren't they? What if i got a system from a '95 5.0L? Those have different accessory drives though, don't they? Damn. And i just wonder if Freeze 12 is something that's going to go away soon, you know?
Back to top Go down
fangar150-ex

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Projects Thread!   Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:25 am

the fs6 compressor has been around a long time, nobody uses R12 anymore, so I would imagine they have altered the compressor internals to accommodate. there are tons of them running around down here that use R134A. my wife would often say turn the A/C down.....
freeze 12 has been around for a while now, some of the purists want to use it so they can use the original fittings. if you like and you are creative, you can always "modify the hoses" to use R134a in a car with r12, but why would you?
if you review the A/C systems principles, you will remember that you are exchanging heat, so there are loads of tricks you can perform:
you can try wrapping the low side "exposed" piping with some foam pipe wrapping. don't wrap them "too tight" just enough to insulate the from engine heat.
make sure the radiator fins are clean on the condenser and radiator for good cooling, make sure the fan is pulling enough air thru the radiator and condenser cores. this also means the seal between the radiator and condenser is good.
the bigger the condenser, the more cooling, this is related to how much heat can be removed from the condenser.
make sure you are using the correct amount of refrigerant, DO NOT OVERFILL. R12 was forgiving so far as under/over full. R134a needs to be as close as you can get it to correct, you have some room for error, but not tons.
do not overfill the system with pag oil, add the oil to the components as you assemble them, that's a better way then just throwing all the oil in during recharging and waiting for the oil to settle.
I get the "strange" a/c jobs after everyone else has had a go, if may sound difficult, but A/C is actually very simple in its principles, people usually replace the compressor first, the just throw parts at it, when they overlooked the basics, just a bit of patience and understanding, you generally find the problem is simple.
I've used NAPA, AutoZone parts ETC, you will find they are all made pretty well and maybe by the same manufacturer, installation is the key to success, always use pag oil on the O-rings prior to assembly.
when it's done and dusted you'll need to wear safety goggles while driving to keep the ice cubes/chips from getting in your eyes.
the most common failure in the A/C systems is a leaking seal in the compressor from not being used, the seal drys out and lets the refrigerant escape over time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ZephyrEFI

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Projects Thread!   Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:39 pm

Yeah, I think I'm going to have my system filled by a pro. Have them check the oil level in the compressor and everything to make sure it's good to go.

I looked at pics of some '94-95 5.0Ls, and sure enough, the compressor is below the power steering pump on those. I can't imagine why they would change that. But it means the lines for those cars would be way different. The Explorer arrangement is the same way. That might be preferable though because it doesn't include a smog pump, and mine hit the scrap pile long ago.

I don't know. I think when I add A/C back, I'd like to go to a stock length ('87-93) belt, for ease of serviceability. That would mean adding a smog pump eliminator pulley, and getting rid of my under-drives, but that's okay. That March underdrive arrangement always seemed a little cheesy to me. Plus, if I'm going to have a booming stereo, I really need that alternator turning at full speed, haha.
Back to top Go down
fangar150-ex

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Projects Thread!   Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:24 am

bear in mind I have never done this head & intake change, do you need to change the location of the compressor or is it something you just want to do? both intakes have the air filter on the same side.
I never really paid much attention to the SN95 5.0, maybe I should have.
I'm not a fan of under drive pulley systems.
I have developed a bad wheel hop condition when doing standing burn-outs. I'm hoping that it's just a control arm issue. it's annoying and embarrassing, but it seems to drive ok. I've never had a wheel hop problem with any of my cars, and this one has seen plenty of abuse; so this is new to me. I'll have to get it up on a 4 poster and load the rear axle up to see if I have a bad bushing. when taking off aggressively it does just fine, i'm wondering if it could be the tires?????
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ZephyrEFI

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Projects Thread!   Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:40 pm

No, the GT40P heads are the same size as E7s, I was just looking at SN95 or Explorer accessory drives because they came stock with R134. I notice the condensers SN95 vs. Fox do look a little bit different. Do they have the same fittings on them, do you know?

Yeah, the main reason I went to underdrives was because I had them laying around (can't even remember where/when I got them), and they didn't leave a big hole where the compressor was.

You put the quad shocks on your car didn't you? What lower control arms do you have? I haven't done a burnout in my zeph in a long time, haha.
Back to top Go down
fangar150-ex

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Projects Thread!   Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:25 am

just a tid-bit, the early sn95(94-98) uses a hell of a lot of parts from the fox, the early sn95 with the5.0 & 4.6 npi heads uses the clip in style condensers as the fox, give or take an inch or so, but all you need is a v8 fox condenser, even the transmission cross member is the same. you should have no problems using R134a, as the system will be pristine with out the oil from the R12 ever having been introduced.
I don't know what lower control arms I have, I just know they were from a low mileage mustang. I have another set some where, I have never used the quad shock system, but I sell them. do you really think that may help?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ZephyrEFI

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Projects Thread!   Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:35 pm

Oh, i know that about SN95s. I was just thinking of them because they came stock with R134. I'm just thinking if I can spend a little more money or use a little creativity to have a system that works better, that might just be a good idea. We'll see how much money is available when the time comes, i guess. Probably not actually going to do it this year because it would just make pulling and rebuilding the engine more work. As much as i would love to have A/C as soon as possible.

I think wheel hop was the reason Ford first implemented quad shocks. But many of the aftermarket boxed control arms claim to eliminate the need for quad shocks. I liked the sound of that because our frame rails are so different behind the wheel wells. Putting quad shocks in an F/Z would require some creativity and probably welding.
Back to top Go down
fangar150-ex

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Projects Thread!   Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:16 am

It was cold here this morning, for a change, I wore shorts yesterday and Saturday !!! Anyway I met this guy with an 07 mustang GT, we wants to do some mods to his car, so I let him know about the local mustang club because we give discounts to their club for Ford & Ford Racing parts. Seems like nice guy, but we stayed out way too long in the cold. It was kinda fun, but dumb. I think I convinced him to use Ford racing parts because they do actually fit the car. He does want to add a Rousch supercharger, but we don’t deal Rousch add-ons so I haven’t got a clue so far as tuning goes. We’ll see.
The car is pretty near pristine, he just wants to “soup it up” but hasn’t got a clue where to start, and hopefully the guys and gals at the mustang club can guide him in the right direction. It’s kinda funny we are starting to get requests for info and prices on the 05-09 mustangs now, maybe it’s time to move on and do the research on them to see what we can do. It’s nice to see people wanting to keep their cars and do some work on them. He’ll probably never do the supercharger, but at least he’ll have some fun doing the other stuff.
I left the red one at work because I need the pick up for a couple of hauls. I have been looking at 194 LED bulbs for the cluster, never done that mod before……but I think it will look ok, they are pretty cheap from amazon; but money is really super tight at the moment we’ll see.
We went to get a real Christmas tree yesterday; I thought a real Christmas tree would be appropriate this year after all the crap my wife has been thru this year. Spent most of the weekend doing chores.
Anyway I’m going to try to finish everything up during the week because I have to work this Saturday, then Sunday run the red one down to another town about 30 miles from here to get some of the world’s best dough nuts for my wife.
Looking forward to Christmas, it ill be a short week.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ZephyrEFI

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Projects Thread!   Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:30 pm

hahaha, for what that Roush supercharger kit costs, he'd be better off finding himself a junkyard Coyote. I believe those kits are pretty complete though, they come with a tuner and everything.

I wouldn't buy cheap LEDs if I were you. The cheap ones usually aren't any good, some not even as bright as incandescents. From what I've found in my research, just check the lumens and compare that to what the incandescents put out. Wouldn't want to see you waste your money. I'm still looking at the Scott Drake kit for my instrument cluster. There's a video about it on CJ Pony, where you actually SEE the results. I don't know what they have for your dash though, that's a Fox kit.

Real trees sure are nice to have in the house with the nice smell and everything. And I love me a good donut!

We're looking at putting my son in day care a couple of days a week just so he can learn to socialize and they can nurture his love of learning better than I could at home. It'll be kind of a financial burden though. But from what I can tell so far, my car funds for this year should be safe, haha.
Back to top Go down
fangar150-ex

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Projects Thread!   Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:51 am

It’s harsh to let go of your children to a “Company” I have mixed views and cannot come to a solid conclusion, but it is necessary for the children to be successful nowadays. Some children go to school, some are homeschooled, both have benefits. I’m all for face to face socialization, too many peple never even talk on theier phones, they just text.
I have been changing over my home lighting to led and some CFL lighting, I have contacted several agencies, done loads of research, but it is actually experience that dictates satisfaction . don’t use CFL flood lights in the kitchen, they take too long to reach max operating efficiency, and I disagree with the posted lumens output of the name brand bulbs I purchased. The lumens of the led’s seem consistent and accurate so far, both have advantages over conventional incandescent lighting so far as efficiency and longevity.
I have no experience with Rousch, I know that they go pretty well, but I was thinking that you could do a lot more mods to the car with the money saved from not having a supercharger. Like I said, he hasn’t a clue where to begin, but its nice to see someone else interested in upgrading their car.
What I want to do is experiment with the LED”S for car lighting, I get a lot of Migraines, so I have to be careful, but I had this idea, that I wanted to use white LED for most of the dash, but red for the high end of the tach.
I have taken the day after Christmas off this year, so I will have a 5 day vacation, this is the first time I will have 5 days off in a row without having my wife in the hospital for years!!!! I may just stay home and take it easy, I want to spend some time with her, and if she just wants to sleep, then I’ll find something quiet to do, or maybe just listen to music.
I’ve always got something on the brew, so I’m certain it won’t be boring. I may even write Cragar to check on the wheels I want. What really gets me going is we have a set on the wall in the parts dept, 17X9’s, they look so good, sux they wont fit right….
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ZephyrEFI

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Projects Thread!   Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:47 pm

Yeah, it'll be hard to let him go, but at least it's only two days a week. If he starts to get any funny ideas, I can still nip them in the bud on the days I have him. I just really feel like he's feeling stifled here. If this gives him the opportunity to learn and explore as much as he wants to, it'll be a big positive.

I hate CFLs. We have one of those slow starting flood lights over the sink in the kitchen right now. I HATE it. LEDs are an investment initially, but after that, it's all positive. When we really start converting, I may even spring for the daylight ones, even though they cost 3 times more. I don't take mood issues lightly, and if a light bulb can help, I'm all for it.

I'm pretty much the same way with car LEDs, wanting to experiment. They'll be good for conserving power, and cars that age have such dim taillights compared to today's cars. I think LED dash lights are nothing but positive. My dash lights in my Lincoln and Focus are very bright, and it doesn't bother me at all. It's like dash lights in HD. You don't have to strain your eyes to see them at all, unlike the incandescents in the Zeph. I'm thinking of even bypassing the crappy dimmer switch since it doesn't do anything but cause the dash lights to go out of you move it to the wrong spot. I have no need to dim my dash lights. I'll probably just replace it with some kind of switch for turning the dome light on.

The Scott Drake kits for Mustang exterior lights aren't quite right for an F/Z. Might have to piece those together myself. MOST of the bulbs are right, but there's always a few that are wrong. For example, the taillight kit includes amber bulbs for the turn signals. I don't know, I may just use them anyway. It's probably still a better value than buying good bulbs one at a time.

Cool that you get that nice vacation! Enjoy it! We're taking a nice long one in January.

What's your hold up on wheels? Did you try the 17x9s? Offset problem?
Back to top Go down
fangar150-ex

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Projects Thread!   Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:15 am

no I haven't tried to do any measurements, I guess I should, but what I had a problem with on the rear was that they rubbed on harsh cornering, so I beat out the lower areas of the inner wheel housings on the bottoms so it wouldn't slice the tires, the frt were losing too much steering angle, but that was before I changed over to the sn95 lower control arms, it may be better now.
i'm going to research the bulbs for the dash also, as you get older, you seem to research things more often!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ZephyrEFI

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Projects Thread!   Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:43 pm

I had the rear rubbing problem too with my Bullitts. What wheels do you have now?

I would have to imagine the SN95 control arms fixed your steering issues. I know you have crazy negative camber now, but I still can't believe you don't have fender clearance issues on the front now with those control arms.
Back to top Go down
fangar150-ex

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Projects Thread!   Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:35 pm

well NOW i'm pretty near zero camber, I have had some issues with rubbing, I still have the old lady-style suspension in the car, and I cut another half coil from the frt springs......blah blah.....
I'm still running the 05 mustang V-6 wheels, the seem to be the best for the car so far, I had some steelies for a while, crown vic style, looked like crap, didn't do a full evaluation on them because my bud needed some wheels for his horse trailer.
I still have the 33mm frt roll anti roll bar if I need it and also a maximum motor sports strut tower brace,if I feel like seeing if it will fit, its for an sn95.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ZephyrEFI

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Projects Thread!   Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:22 pm

Are the wheels sticking way out in the front now that you've adjusted the camber? If not, maybe your K-member is narrower than a stock one. That would be good!

There's a thread on FEP where a guy with a Fairmont is trying to decide what k-member, control arms, and spindles to get. People have recommended not using the '90 K-member because it's wider than a '78-86 one, and so on. He got confused and said "I was told everything for a Mustang just bolts right up to these cars!". So I said, "You were told right. Everything does bolt right up, but whether or not it's a good idea is another thing entirely!". hahaha!

Yeah, I personally don't like the steelies/dog dish hubcap look a lot of guys go for now. It's fine of your car looks bare bones, I guess, but guys put them on like an LTD LX that is obviously NOT bare bones.

I'm researching the power windows thing right now. From what I've found, the ONLY factory power regulator I can get that will work is one from a 2-door Fairmont/Zephyr or Granada/SWB Cougar. Fudge. Good luck finding one of those! The only power window F/Zs I've ever seen are 4-doors and wagons. RED78 has one, I guess, but his is the only one! And the 2-door Fox Granada/SWB Cougars are even MORE rare! Oh, and Mustang power window motors won't work either. It's exasperating! My only hope is a universal conversion kit that uses your existing regulator.
Back to top Go down
fangar150-ex

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Projects Thread!   Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:30 am

Here’s the deal, yeah the k-members from 79-04 will interchange to a point…..the sn95 k-members will have to be cut in the back and extend the bolt holes forward to fit the rear mounting holes in the fox body, but why use it, it’s heavy and difficult to service the engine, hell just try to put a starter in on an sn95 with a 4.6…………anyway………the problem is that you are stuck with the engine the k-member came with, there is no gain except for geometry, but even that comes at a cost. The only good thing about the stock sn95 k-member is that the racks interchange. The early sn95’s are narrower than the 99+, the LCA don’t interchange between early & late.. THE EARLY sn95 LCA are wider than FOX, however the steering geometry is immediately and noticeably altered for the better, you can SEE the difference, steering angles are improved, there is no more “stress” in the movement and there can be as much negative camber as you like!!!!.
I did plenty of research while I had to opportunity, I had the time and cash, this that and the other thing. Open mindedness is absolutely a necessity, forget the name brand, read all the company literature, then read the forums. You’ll probably see that most of the complaints about any k-member is installation questions, not fitment issues. Then find out what the customers hace to say, it takes a hell of a lot of time.
The 79-93 k-member is narrower that the 94+. The 94+ is also longer in the rear. i chose AJE 79-93 model because it physically met all my requirements, lighter, stronger, multiple engines fit the car, like 5.0. 460. 4.6 sm & bb Chevy ETC & stock LCA fit just fine, road racing braces are available and FIT!!!!!
My advice is not to get too involved with which K-member to use unless you are doing the job yourself and seeing it thru from start to finish, otherwise trouble erupts with corrupt internet info. It does but it doesn’t all interchange. For instance using an SN95 rack in the fox body, you’ll need to interchange the rack ends or cut about ¾ inches off the inner tie rod ends or you can swap over the fox inner tie rods onto the sn95 rack..….if you use the stock fox steering collum, you can use the stock steering shaft (or flaming river) and stock or SVO steering rack, if you use an sn95 steering column you have to use the sn 95 rack. Just so you know, it would appear that using the AJE k-member, the steering rack and angina are set back approx. 1 in, this is good.
Just remember choosing a k-member is like choosing a part, when billet only means a lump of metal that has been machined!!! Everybody’s K-member is better than anyone else’s for some reason, and while price is important, it doesn’t guarantee satisfaction, these small companies have to survive, so prices do fluctuate.
if I were to do it again today, I don't know who I would choose, or maybe stick to what I know works.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ZephyrEFI

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Projects Thread!   Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:59 pm

Yeah, mostly it was other people chiming in. There's this one guy too who always thinks he knows more than me, haha. I'm certainly not changing any of my setup. I am DONE with my suspension. The closest I'll come is putting better rotors and pads on, haha.
Back to top Go down
fangar150-ex

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Projects Thread!   Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:35 am

We are lucky enough to have worked in a garage for a while. Some guys have less experience and are limited to what they read or hear, and buy a kit with everything they need, I don’t have that kind of cash, so I go with the trial & error, and there were plenty of errors, but it’s been fun most of the time.
I firmly believe that if you are satisfied with your set up, then rock on, I don't know if there were ever two cars built/modified the same, it’s kind alike a personalizing thing. You have just won car of the month, I don't think they give that title to just anybody by reading the write-up, and it seemed like there was plenty of competition. why change your suspension after you finally got it right. I change stuff just to see how it works some time. your car is too damned thought out pretty to start messing with it for someone else's pleasure. how many Zephyr's have the mods your car has???? I have never done this on a body style like yours, so all my spring rates etc would be out the window. I think your style would have less body roll/twist. The problem is I always want to change something, but changes are made because I want them, not for the general public. the finances are so tight right now, I'm in the "thinking" stage only.
I was lucky yesterday a guy give me a complete clutch/brake pedal assembly for an sn95. if I ever go manual, that's one less part to locate. I couldn't believe it, all the switches and clutch quadrant also, I don't know what year it is, and really don't care, I’m just totally pleased. If the led’s work out on my car I may throw some in his car just to say thanx.
Power windows would be something I’d love to have, always elusive and sought after, that would be a real goal to accomplish!
I had a qwick look at your led site, I saw some kits, but I need to go back and read more. I did not know there were so many different LED bulbs, but example superbrite led”s say that the same led interchanges with 194 & 168 bulbs when I thought the 168 bulbs were brighter than the 194, I suppose that could be debatable, no doubt there will always be conflicting info....everybody's stuff is better and cheaper than the competitions.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ZephyrEFI

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Projects Thread!   Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:15 pm

Yeah, for me, SuperbrightLEDs has really taken several visits over time to really digest what all is there. I still don't feel like I'm ready to make a move yet, haha. That site is pretty good about making sure you get something that's going to work for you, but they don't spoon feed it to you, you have to find it yourself. If I have to piece together my own exterior lighting (rather than using a Mustang kit), I'm going to need to make absolutely sure it's going to be an improvement over what I have. And some of those brighter bulbs are pretty tall, so I'll have to make sure they're going to even fit in the housings!

That's pretty sweet you got yourself a pedal assembly! I think you should go manual. haha

Yeah you know, it really is intolerable for me to have to pull over and get out to close the passenger window if it starts raining, haha. No A/C, no power windows... what a penalty box! How did people survive so long living in the dark ages of driving! haha. But yeah, if nothing else, it'll be fun for me having a 2-door Zeph with power windows, something you NEVER see.
Back to top Go down
fangar150-ex

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Projects Thread!   Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:31 pm

changed all the dash, shifter & a/c controls and licence plate bulbs over to LED at 4:30 am. they are from YORKIM. they look great and fit the sockets perfectly. 10 bulbs cost around 10 bones, I really cant see any issues with them. they don't run too hot, and the dash looks REALLY cool. my son got them for me from amazon.
gassed-up and went to a town called benson , we got there early to get the best doughnuts in the state. nearly a 100 mile trip today.
all in all; it was a good day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ZephyrEFI

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Projects Thread!   Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:13 pm

It's been a long time since I had my '02 GT that had that dash. Is the lighting green? Did you use green LED bulbs? I'll bet it does look cool! I'm looking forward to doing it!

That does sound like a good day!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Projects Thread!   

Back to top Go down

2014 Projects Thread!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 10 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next