Ford Fairmont & Mercury Zephyr Owners and Enthusiast
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ford Fairmont & Mercury Zephyr Owners and Enthusiast

Scince : Jan 1st/2001 Orig.Fairmont 302 Forum Scince: Nov 8th/2008

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Like/Tweet
Latest topics
» '78 and '79 Fairmont and Zephyr ES
coming along nicely Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2022 11:19 pm by GrantBB

» Stymees'mont / Eric'c Fairmonts
coming along nicely Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2022 11:44 pm by GrantBB

» Window Weather Stripping
coming along nicely Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2022 2:06 am by GrantBB

» Fairmont at Nelson Ledges Road Course
coming along nicely Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2021 6:32 pm by GrantBB

» Latest track day video: Summit Point Shenandoah
coming along nicely Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2021 11:14 pm by GrantBB

» Back in the Fairmont saddle again.
coming along nicely Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2021 12:38 am by GrantBB

» New to the Group Texasfairmont from south Texas
coming along nicely Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2021 1:49 am by GrantBB

» 20 years of Fairmont 302
coming along nicely Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2021 7:45 pm by Stymees'mont

» Keep it or Scrap It ?
coming along nicely Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2020 3:50 pm by Red 78'

March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
free forum

coming along nicely

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
fangar150-ex

coming along nicely Empty
PostSubject: coming along nicely   coming along nicely Icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 10:20 pm

got the pass frt seat fitted on N/Y day along with the PCM secured to the floor. still haven't got the carpet cleaned, but the pressure washer should be here soon, XXX.
going out one day next week for testing with a 6.0 F250. I want to see how bad he waxes the Fairmont, I hope he isn't going to polish the Patina. we'll see, should be interesting. I just need to see the results
Back to top Go down
ZephyrEFI

ZephyrEFI

PostSubject: Re: coming along nicely   coming along nicely Icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 10:54 pm

Nice! You going to dye some of the other interior parts grey to match?
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2286370
fangar150-ex

PostSubject: Re: coming along nicely   coming along nicely Icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 8:38 am

I'm uncertain about dying the door panels gray, I may have some new ones made later, but I think the other plastic panels could be painted.
it's nice to have a radio, I have a shite load of Ford radios, so I got one from an old Taurus or something and put it in. yeah I know it's a cassette, but at least it works....I think this is probably the best upgrade so far!
Back to top Go down
ZephyrEFI

ZephyrEFI

PostSubject: Re: coming along nicely   coming along nicely Icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 12:55 pm

Oh yeah, gotta have tunes. and since it's a cassette, you can always use one of those adapters to run whatever type of music you want! Can't do that with a CD!

When I had a lot of grey interior in my car, I thought about getting some grey vinyl and just rewrapping my door panels. The factory '87-93 Mustang ones don't really have any stitching on them or anything. You'd just have to put the right arm rest on there and the fabric panel that goes above it. And then some carpet along the bottom and a speaker cover. Done.
Back to top Go down
fangar150-ex

PostSubject: Re: coming along nicely   coming along nicely Icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 9:32 am

that sounds cool.
I'm trying to get with guy from the local school, they are looking for cars to paint, I kinda know the dude, but our parts manager is good friends with him, we'll see what happens. may be next year, I don't know yet.
I thought I had a problem with the transmission, however; no codes nobody could find a hard fault, turns out some 4R70W's lock up the torque convertor early when in 3rd gear under light load to increase fuel mileage. thought there may be a sensor problem or worse.....that's a load off my mind as I have the latest programming installed in the PCM.
I have other radios with CD but I need the whole system reworked, speakers amp ETC, this will do for now, I have an FM modulator, cassette adaptors, USB adaptors etc. just really needed tunes, at first it didn't matter, as I was more interested in listening to the car. I'll get with the "radio-head" and do some swapping.
Back to top Go down
ZephyrEFI

ZephyrEFI

PostSubject: Re: coming along nicely   coming along nicely Icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 1:08 pm

Hey now, that's a really good idea, having a tech school paint your car! I might just have to look into that! Even if they don't do the greatest job, it would still look better than it does now.
Back to top Go down
fangar150-ex

PostSubject: Re: coming along nicely   coming along nicely Icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 4:42 pm

well; it seems the classes need to have a challenge, I think they could certainly have one!
I'm fairly certain they would do a good job on it, and I'm willing to wait, gotta see what transpires.
Back to top Go down
ZephyrEFI

ZephyrEFI

PostSubject: Re: coming along nicely   coming along nicely Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 2:15 pm

Yeah, maybe I could get mine done over a winter or something. I'd have no problem letting them have it for those months. Free up some space in my garage for the winter and have a painted car in the spring!
Back to top Go down
Stymees'mont

Stymees'mont

PostSubject: Re: coming along nicely   coming along nicely Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 8:17 pm

You know Brad, we can do it. Paint it and all ! Send winter prepping and spring paint!
Back to top Go down
http://fast-fairmonts.weebly.com/index.html
ZephyrEFI

ZephyrEFI

PostSubject: Re: coming along nicely   coming along nicely Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 9:52 pm

Yeah, prepping sounds like a lot of work I don't want to do, haha.
Back to top Go down
fangar150-ex

PostSubject: Re: coming along nicely   coming along nicely Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 8:53 am

looks like there are 3 cars ahead of mine, that's cool. I'm willing to wait.
I just hope there is enough time left this school year; I'm stoked!
I'm wondering if it's too good to be true.
I may lose my identity without the "patina au natural" .
stressful......
Back to top Go down
ZephyrEFI

ZephyrEFI

PostSubject: Re: coming along nicely   coming along nicely Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 12:33 pm

Yeah, you don't want to lose sight of where you came from, haha. That's awesome you're getting your car painted! Are they just asking you cover materials?
Back to top Go down
fangar150-ex

PostSubject: Re: coming along nicely   coming along nicely Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 8:52 pm

don't care about the price at the moment, just need to get all the info sorted, red or white, do they want the moldings off etc....

took the old girl to Tombstone yesterday to see my bud Steve, he has lung cancer. as he needed a coolant change, I thought since it was a nice day, I spend some time with him, he claims the cancer is shrinking, that's good.

the car definitely drives a lot smoother on that road, but I have lost some rigidity and control, I'm thinking it must be that smaller sway bar and SN95 springs, but it also has the SN95 steering rack instead of the SVO rack, so it is not so nervous at higher speeds.

it's nice to hit a speed bump without the exhaust dragging over it.

think I'm done with the suspension, at least until I change my mind again and again or again. I still haven't put the road racing braces in, they are in the box on the garage floor. maybe this summer, I purchased them just to add a little strength to the k-member, we had plenty pot-holes out here in some areas.

Back to top Go down
ZephyrEFI

ZephyrEFI

PostSubject: Re: coming along nicely   coming along nicely Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 12:22 pm

Nice, sounds comfy. I think I may have tracked down a 28.5mm sway bar for mine. I guess I'll be adding a k-member brace to mine too.
Back to top Go down
Stymees'mont

Stymees'mont

PostSubject: Re: coming along nicely   coming along nicely Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 10:04 pm

Brad, did they give you a part number or info on what k-member brace get?
Back to top Go down
http://fast-fairmonts.weebly.com/index.html
ZephyrEFI

ZephyrEFI

PostSubject: Re: coming along nicely   coming along nicely Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 12:04 am

Yeah, it's the 2 point one for manual transmission cars. I guess the 4 point one is only for the stock k-member. Maximum Motorsports, I'm talking about.
Back to top Go down
fangar150-ex

PostSubject: Re: coming along nicely   coming along nicely Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 8:07 am

how does yours hook-up, mine connect bolt on between the lower control arms and to the front of the k-member.
Back to top Go down
ZephyrEFI

ZephyrEFI

PostSubject: Re: coming along nicely   coming along nicely Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 12:26 pm

It attaches to the inner two rear k-member bolts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: coming along nicely   coming along nicely Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

coming along nicely
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ford Fairmont & Mercury Zephyr Owners and Enthusiast :: Message Board-
Jump to: