Ford Fairmont & Mercury Zephyr Owners and Enthusiast
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ford Fairmont & Mercury Zephyr Owners and Enthusiast

Scince : Jan 1st/2001 Orig.Fairmont 302 Forum Scince: Nov 8th/2008

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Like/Tweet
Latest topics
» '78 and '79 Fairmont and Zephyr ES
pushrod vs double overhead cam or the new vs the old Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2022 11:19 pm by GrantBB

» Stymees'mont / Eric'c Fairmonts
pushrod vs double overhead cam or the new vs the old Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2022 11:44 pm by GrantBB

» Window Weather Stripping
pushrod vs double overhead cam or the new vs the old Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2022 2:06 am by GrantBB

» Fairmont at Nelson Ledges Road Course
pushrod vs double overhead cam or the new vs the old Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2021 6:32 pm by GrantBB

» Latest track day video: Summit Point Shenandoah
pushrod vs double overhead cam or the new vs the old Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2021 11:14 pm by GrantBB

» Back in the Fairmont saddle again.
pushrod vs double overhead cam or the new vs the old Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2021 12:38 am by GrantBB

» New to the Group Texasfairmont from south Texas
pushrod vs double overhead cam or the new vs the old Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2021 1:49 am by GrantBB

» 20 years of Fairmont 302
pushrod vs double overhead cam or the new vs the old Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2021 7:45 pm by Stymees'mont

» Keep it or Scrap It ?
pushrod vs double overhead cam or the new vs the old Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2020 3:50 pm by Red 78'

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
free forum

Similar topics

pushrod vs double overhead cam or the new vs the old

Go down 
    3 posters
    AuthorMessage
    fangar150-ex

pushrod vs double overhead cam or the new vs the old Empty
    PostSubject: pushrod vs double overhead cam or the new vs the old   pushrod vs double overhead cam or the new vs the old Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 9:28 am

I saw the new Mustang 5.0 up close and was looking at my 5.0. Pushrods vs double overhead cam, etc they sound so different, they look different and there is no comparison in horsepower or anything else for that matter, they only share the same engine size/designation.
    I’ve had a shit load of mustangs, a ’67 GT with a 390, I’ve had the 302’s,5.0’s & the 4.6, even a 2.3, 4 speeds, 5 speeds and automatics, some were pretty bad-ass but when my son took my wife and I out for a ride last night in his new 2013 California Special Mustang 5.0 6 speed, I suddenly felt old.
    Looking at the new 5.0 and the old one, it’s like a complete cycle. My old Fairmont looks and drives like a covered wagon, I thought it was pretty hot, and now it’s starting to show its age again.
    Gotta get a new 5.0 someday.
    Back to top Go down
    Stymees'mont

Stymees'mont

PostSubject: Re: pushrod vs double overhead cam or the new vs the old   pushrod vs double overhead cam or the new vs the old Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 10:39 pm

Yes them new 5.0s are nice ! I own an '05 Mustang...v6 car but its pretty nice power and much fun driving it.
    Back to top Go down
    http://fast-fairmonts.weebly.com/index.html
    fangar150-ex

PostSubject: Re: pushrod vs double overhead cam or the new vs the old   pushrod vs double overhead cam or the new vs the old Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 6:47 pm

i cant knock the v6 engine at all, they put out around 200 hp, the stock 5.0 HO only had 225 hp.
    the 05 mustangs in stock form handles far superior to any previous models, and they look cool.
    Back to top Go down
    ZephyrEFI

ZephyrEFI

PostSubject: Re: pushrod vs double overhead cam or the new vs the old   pushrod vs double overhead cam or the new vs the old Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 12:21 pm

Eh, you can't always be chasing what's current or even best. I've been saying once I get mine running and driving decently, it's DONE. I'm going to stiffen up the body some more, try and get all the clunks out of the front suspension, and then start looking at ways to tame the stiff, bouncy ride, but that's it. I may not be able to beat a new Accord V6 in a drag race, but the thing is comfortable, fun to drive, and sounds mean as hell for cruising. That's all I care.
    Back to top Go down
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2286370
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: pushrod vs double overhead cam or the new vs the old   pushrod vs double overhead cam or the new vs the old Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

pushrod vs double overhead cam or the new vs the old
    Page 1 of 1