Ford Fairmont & Mercury Zephyr Owners and Enthusiast
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ford Fairmont & Mercury Zephyr Owners and Enthusiast

Scince : Jan 1st/2001 Orig.Fairmont 302 Forum Scince: Nov 8th/2008

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Like/Tweet
Latest topics
» '78 and '79 Fairmont and Zephyr ES
WAGON - Bought the wagon something. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2022 11:19 pm by GrantBB

» Stymees'mont / Eric'c Fairmonts
WAGON - Bought the wagon something. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2022 11:44 pm by GrantBB

» Window Weather Stripping
WAGON - Bought the wagon something. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2022 2:06 am by GrantBB

» Fairmont at Nelson Ledges Road Course
WAGON - Bought the wagon something. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2021 6:32 pm by GrantBB

» Latest track day video: Summit Point Shenandoah
WAGON - Bought the wagon something. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2021 11:14 pm by GrantBB

» Back in the Fairmont saddle again.
WAGON - Bought the wagon something. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2021 12:38 am by GrantBB

» New to the Group Texasfairmont from south Texas
WAGON - Bought the wagon something. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2021 1:49 am by GrantBB

» 20 years of Fairmont 302
WAGON - Bought the wagon something. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2021 7:45 pm by Stymees'mont

» Keep it or Scrap It ?
WAGON - Bought the wagon something. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2020 3:50 pm by Red 78'

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
free forum

Similar topics

Bought the wagon something.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Revolution909

Revolution909

WAGON - Bought the wagon something. Empty
PostSubject: Bought the wagon something.   WAGON - Bought the wagon something. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 7:56 am

A 1987 Thunderbird, its rusty, but has a 5L, and came with a bunch of fun goodies lol. Like an intake, Carb, T5 tranny, exhaust with flowmasters.

WAGON - Bought the wagon something. 002-6

So Now I will be stripping this car, and hopefully in a few weeks the wagon will finally get a 5.0L!
Back to top Go down
fox81

PostSubject: Re: Bought the wagon something.   WAGON - Bought the wagon something. Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 1:12 am

So whos Z7 is that?

Sounds like that Thunderbird will be a good donor! Wish I could find something like that around here, only with the 2.3T
Back to top Go down
Aug

Aug

PostSubject: Re: Bought the wagon something.   WAGON - Bought the wagon something. Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 1:34 am

Beware: Unless someone did some swappin' (which they apparently have been with the T-5 and all), then that engine could be a non-HO 185 horse 5.0.
Back to top Go down
Revolution909

Revolution909

PostSubject: Re: Bought the wagon something.   WAGON - Bought the wagon something. Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 11:54 pm

fox81- Thats my friends '80 Z. Theres a thread with a few pics on here somewhere.... Hes been slacking on it lately lol.

I know its a non-HO, its alright though, I have a cam to swap in it. I also have a B cam if it will clear. I stripped it down a bit today, I wanted to see what the top of the heads and the cylinder walls looked like. From what I saw the car was taken care of pretty well, there was no sludge or anything in the heads and the cylinder walls still had cross hatching on them.

Heres a few better pics of everything, I dont think I am going to use the carb though, it is some weird spread bore Holley... I have a stock stangs 600 holley to use as well so its no big deal.

WAGON - Bought the wagon something. 002-7
My grimey engine... I want to give it a looking over, clean it up and then put new gaskets in it, and paint it blue.
WAGON - Bought the wagon something. 005-4
The tranny without the bell housing. i have quite a bit of cleaning to do to thing too lol.
WAGON - Bought the wagon something. 009-2
I also sandblasted the intake already, I should have taken a before picture, it looked like it had lived outside for the last few years lol. Cool
Back to top Go down
fangar150-ex

PostSubject: Re: Bought the wagon something.   WAGON - Bought the wagon something. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 8:33 am

looks like you got a good start on things. those old t-birds have loads od goodies that will work on you fairmont. good luck.
Back to top Go down
z7turbo

z7turbo

PostSubject: Re: Bought the wagon something.   WAGON - Bought the wagon something. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 6:15 pm

[quote="Revolution909"]fox81- Thats my friends '80 Z. Theres a thread with a few pics on here somewhere.... Hes been slacking on it lately lol.

Since he's slacking....send me his passenger side tail light lens, and you could stick my broken one in its place....j/k!
Back to top Go down
Revolution909

Revolution909

PostSubject: Re: Bought the wagon something.   WAGON - Bought the wagon something. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 2:59 pm

[quote="z7turbo"]
Revolution909 wrote:
fox81- Thats my friends '80 Z. Theres a thread with a few pics on here somewhere.... Hes been slacking on it lately lol.

Since he's slacking....send me his passenger side tail light lens, and you could stick my broken one in its place....j/k!

LOL, he'd love that Cool

I got some updates on the wagons new drivetrain.

WAGON - Bought the wagon something. 004-5
Got a new BBK quadrant and firewall adjuster. Along with a new clutch cable.

WAGON - Bought the wagon something. 007-6
Cleaned the tranny up some more. I will be painting the whole thing grey after alittle wire wheel either tomorrow or Sunday.

WAGON - Bought the wagon something. 009-3
Another shot of the engine, so you all will be impressed when its cleaned and painted Wink lol

WAGON - Bought the wagon something. 010-3
My intake, sitting in my buddys engine, with my aircleaner for my drag car on it.. I should have taken it off for a pic, but next time. I painted it with POR-15, and i am not sure if I want to leave it black, or paint it blue with the engine. I want it to be "Steathy" so it will also get a stock 5L air breather once I find one.

I also painted the pullies with POR-15 and the coil bracket. I just have yet to take a picture. Hopefully there will be more updates tomorow.

Cool
Back to top Go down
Revolution909

Revolution909

PostSubject: Re: Bought the wagon something.   WAGON - Bought the wagon something. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 9:57 pm

Well, I had a busy weekend working on the wagon, instead of taking the engine out of the t-bird like I planned to do lol. I didnt have enough money to rent an engine crane on Thursday, and Friday everything was closed for Easter, so I decided to get on top of the hagard looking hatch.

This is the only pic I have of it before, I should have taken one on Friday, becuase it looked worse then this, I got rear ended by my buddies 65 impala, and there is a massive dent on the passengers side. I want to get rid of this one and get one with defrost in the future becuase I cant see shit out of it in the winter lol. So my goal was to make it one color. Cool
WAGON - Bought the wagon something. 041
I removed the tail lights and trim, and ground down the problem areas so see what was going to be needed.
WAGON - Bought the wagon something. 005-5
Masked off the window, trim and lights. As you can see I did forget to tape off the key hole though Embarassed .... I'll be removing that paint asap.. I also did my best to level out the dents, but they were not in an easy area to get to
WAGON - Bought the wagon something. 007-7
Some filler.
WAGON - Bought the wagon something. 009-4
After some sanding
WAGON - Bought the wagon something. 010-4
Another thin layer of filler
WAGON - Bought the wagon something. 011-4
After sanding the whole area I painted it with POR-15, including any rust spots I wire wheeled and sanded earlier. I brushed it on so it looks like ass.
WAGON - Bought the wagon something. 012-3
After the POR-15 got tacky I put a thin later of primer on it.
WAGON - Bought the wagon something. 013-2
Another thin coat once the everything was dry.
WAGON - Bought the wagon something. 014-3

I put another coat on it on the next day but never got a picture. I was busy with my next two projects, changing a U-joint and lowering the front end, I hated how the car was nose high. I plan to get lowering springs but I couldnt wait, so I pulled the spings and cut a coil. Just one, but I think it might have been two much, I am unsure with how it looks, I think the back needs to come down too, but I have 265's on there and they rub on the body already with rolled lips when I have people in the back... Maybe it will grow on me..... Cool Well see.

Not the best picture either, I will have to get one of the car, and the hatch once its nice out again.

WAGON - Bought the wagon something. 011-3

Anyways, thanks for looking. I will have a completed pic of the hatch tomorrow hopefully, I am happy with it, other then its still just in primer, I have to settle on a color, suggestions? I kinda like it as is, it will be even better with some V8 power and a 5 speed, but it wont last much longer in Canada without paint lol.

Oh, almost forgot....

WAGON - Bought the wagon something. 006-4

Pullies!

I did forget to take a picture of the new clutch fork I bought though....
Back to top Go down
Revolution909

Revolution909

PostSubject: Re: Bought the wagon something.   WAGON - Bought the wagon something. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 7:36 pm

No comments? If it looks like shit tell me! lol... Cool

Anyways, I took a better shot of the trunk after work today, still need to sand it with 320 and put another couple of coats on it, but it looks alot better IMHO...

WAGON - Bought the wagon something. 003-7

WAGON - Bought the wagon something. 004-7

Figured I'd take a better shot of the car while I was out there, I'll take some good ones tomorrow while I am out and about. I had to do that one quick so I wouldnt get hit by a car lol.
Back to top Go down
fox81

PostSubject: Re: Bought the wagon something.   WAGON - Bought the wagon something. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 12:01 pm

Revolution909 wrote:
No comments? If it looks like shit tell me! lol... Cool

Anyways, I took a better shot of the trunk after work today, still need to sand it with 320 and put another couple of coats on it, but it looks alot better IMHO...

It still looks like shit! You are coming along faster on the body than I am, I need to do some more sanding and get the whole thing in primer. What type of primer are you using? Also be careful with those back up lenses!

Ugh, I want a set of those rims!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Revolution909

Revolution909

PostSubject: Re: Bought the wagon something.   WAGON - Bought the wagon something. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 4:37 pm

Cool Thanks lol. I am not yet 100% primered but I am working on it lol. Its not a nice primer, just cheap stuff from Canadian tire lol... I have had pretty good success with it so far though. Its funny that you would say that about the lenses, when I pealed the tape off of them one of them fell out.... lol The other seems to have been siliconed in from the outside, and looks real bad... I think I will probably need new lenses because those ones are really yellowed anyways... I have tried polishing them but it hasn't done anything except make them smoother lol.

I love the rims too, I got them for $200 with almost new tires on them, so I dont think they go for a whole lot lol

Better pics of the car

WAGON - Bought the wagon something. IMG_0868

WAGON - Bought the wagon something. IMG_0869
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bought the wagon something.   WAGON - Bought the wagon something. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bought the wagon something.
Page 1 of 1