Ford Fairmont & Mercury Zephyr Owners and Enthusiast
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ford Fairmont & Mercury Zephyr Owners and Enthusiast

Scince : Jan 1st/2001 Orig.Fairmont 302 Forum Scince: Nov 8th/2008

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Like/Tweet
Latest topics
» '78 and '79 Fairmont and Zephyr ES
More progress on the 4 door. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2022 11:19 pm by GrantBB

» Stymees'mont / Eric'c Fairmonts
More progress on the 4 door. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2022 11:44 pm by GrantBB

» Window Weather Stripping
More progress on the 4 door. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2022 2:06 am by GrantBB

» Fairmont at Nelson Ledges Road Course
More progress on the 4 door. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2021 6:32 pm by GrantBB

» Latest track day video: Summit Point Shenandoah
More progress on the 4 door. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2021 11:14 pm by GrantBB

» Back in the Fairmont saddle again.
More progress on the 4 door. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2021 12:38 am by GrantBB

» New to the Group Texasfairmont from south Texas
More progress on the 4 door. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2021 1:49 am by GrantBB

» 20 years of Fairmont 302
More progress on the 4 door. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2021 7:45 pm by Stymees'mont

» Keep it or Scrap It ?
More progress on the 4 door. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2020 3:50 pm by Red 78'

March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
free forum

Similar topics

More progress on the 4 door.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Revolution909

Revolution909

More progress on the 4 door. Empty
PostSubject: More progress on the 4 door.   More progress on the 4 door. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 1:51 pm

I have finally gotten some more stuff done to the 4 door, now that I have a job again, I can actually buy things for it lol. Nothing huge yet, but I got those Wild rides battle box, torque box reinforcement kits, a drive shaft safety loop, Lakewood 50/50 rear shocks, and I bought a 10gal fuel cell but its not here yet. I have also gotten my racing seat mounted but I have yet to take pics. The battle boxes were pretty easy to put in, just a bit of drilling, and you dont need to weld them in, but I did anyways. Some of the pics are kinda dark, but I think you can make it out.

More progress on the 4 door. 033-1
The top plates from the kit.

More progress on the 4 door. 036-1
The upper control arm mounts.

More progress on the 4 door. 038-1
Drive shaft safety loop installed, sorry, pretty crappy pic.

More progress on the 4 door. 041-1
Upper plates(Not sure if that's the correct term lol) burned in.

More progress on the 4 door. 045
Up close. Decent weld?

More progress on the 4 door. 047
I lied, I have one pic of the meat mount being made. This is the front bar for the seat mount, I welded another for the back of the seat mount, I will have to get pics of the rest of it asap.

More progress on the 4 door. 009-1
The shocks, I cant install them untill my rear end is done.

More progress on the 4 door. 40spline-spool

Once my rear end is done I will be getting these. I have paid for them we just want to have the rear end done so we can make sure to get the right length axles. This is just a pic off of their website ofcourse, but mine are 35 spline and 4 bolt.

Anyways, hopefully I will be having it on its wheels in the next few weeks. I can then start on the engine.

Thanks for looking.
Back to top Go down
fox81

PostSubject: Re: More progress on the 4 door.   More progress on the 4 door. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 7:58 pm

Progress is progress! Keep it up and it'll be at the track in no time flat.
Back to top Go down
z7turbo

z7turbo

PostSubject: Re: More progress on the 4 door.   More progress on the 4 door. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 1:58 am

Lookin good!
Back to top Go down
Revolution909

Revolution909

PostSubject: Re: More progress on the 4 door.   More progress on the 4 door. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 1:13 pm

Thanks guys, its starting to come together finally. Cool I hope to get the fuel cell mount fabbed up this weekend, then hopefuly in the next couple of weeks i'll get my rear end back... lol. If not I will just continue to acquire parts for it lol.

Thanks for looking! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Revolution909

Revolution909

PostSubject: Re: More progress on the 4 door.   More progress on the 4 door. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 2:49 pm

I was out in the garage working on the fuel cell mount and figured I should take a few more pics.

More progress on the 4 door. 002-5
Seat all mounted, I still need to do the passenger side. I want to get those nice kirkey(spelling?) seats but these will work for now..

More progress on the 4 door. 004-1
Fuel cell hole cut. Its just sitting on a stool, so it may look alittle off lol.

More progress on the 4 door. 007-3
Rear bar for the fuel cell mount. I need to grind a bit of metal left over from the spare tire wells support so I couldn't mock the front one up yet. I need to straighten that tab up too... Embarassed lol

I should have those bars welded in tonight so I should have some pics of it all done pretty soon. I'm still waiting on the rear end... so no cool stuff yet... I cant wait to see what the axles and spool look like. Cool

Thanks for looking. Cool
Back to top Go down
Revolution909

Revolution909

PostSubject: Re: More progress on the 4 door.   More progress on the 4 door. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 6:12 pm

Well I got a bit more stuff done to the car, I got the fuel cell mount welded in, and I also removed my trunk hinges and put pins on it. I always wanted a lift off trunk(watched two lane blacktop to many times I think lol) and any weight loss is a good thing. I also might have gotten little carried away with the 1/2" unibit, but my trunk is lighter now lol Cool

More progress on the 4 door. 011-2
My beast, pretty haggard looking right now, but once it warms up I will be blocking it and primering and painting. I probably could have moved things around a bit so you could see the car better, but its not very big in there.....

More progress on the 4 door. 012-2
Trunk.

More progress on the 4 door. 014-2
From the bottom, the trunk floor needs some support now so its sagging not straight across the top. Thats my next job. Smile

More progress on the 4 door. 020-2
Trunk pins

More progress on the 4 door. 022-1
Weight reduction... Cool

Thanks for looking, I hope to have even more updates soon Cool
Back to top Go down
fangar150-ex

PostSubject: Re: More progress on the 4 door.   More progress on the 4 door. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 10:09 pm

looks like a bonnie & clyde job on the trunk, very inovative!!! very nicley spaced.
Back to top Go down
Revolution909

Revolution909

PostSubject: Re: More progress on the 4 door.   More progress on the 4 door. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 3:00 pm

fangar150-ex wrote:
looks like a bonnie & clyde job on the trunk, very inovative!!! very nicley spaced.

Thanks, I seem to have killed our poor $15 drill in the process though... Cool

I have gotten a few more parts this week. Mallory fuel filter, a bump steer kit, a Trickflow diff cover, and the mount that mounts the back of the seat to the roll cage.

More progress on the 4 door. 228

More progress on the 4 door. 005-2

More progress on the 4 door. 006-2

More progress on the 4 door. 008-4

I am installing the bump steer kit now, I just need to buy a 5/8" drill bit tonight so I can bolt them up. I am also going to be making a mount for my fuel pump and fuel filter this weekend, I just need to buy the fittings first.

Thats it for now, still waiting on the rear end... pale
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: More progress on the 4 door.   More progress on the 4 door. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

More progress on the 4 door.
Page 1 of 1