Ford Fairmont & Mercury Zephyr Owners and Enthusiast
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ford Fairmont & Mercury Zephyr Owners and Enthusiast

Scince : Jan 1st/2001 Orig.Fairmont 302 Forum Scince: Nov 8th/2008

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Like/Tweet
Latest topics
» '78 and '79 Fairmont and Zephyr ES
Summer task list for the Fairmont Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2022 11:19 pm by GrantBB

» Stymees'mont / Eric'c Fairmonts
Summer task list for the Fairmont Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2022 11:44 pm by GrantBB

» Window Weather Stripping
Summer task list for the Fairmont Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2022 2:06 am by GrantBB

» Fairmont at Nelson Ledges Road Course
Summer task list for the Fairmont Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2021 6:32 pm by GrantBB

» Latest track day video: Summit Point Shenandoah
Summer task list for the Fairmont Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2021 11:14 pm by GrantBB

» Back in the Fairmont saddle again.
Summer task list for the Fairmont Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2021 12:38 am by GrantBB

» New to the Group Texasfairmont from south Texas
Summer task list for the Fairmont Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2021 1:49 am by GrantBB

» 20 years of Fairmont 302
Summer task list for the Fairmont Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2021 7:45 pm by Stymees'mont

» Keep it or Scrap It ?
Summer task list for the Fairmont Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2020 3:50 pm by Red 78'

March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
free forum

Similar topics

Summer task list for the Fairmont

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
82_4Door

82_4Door

Summer task list for the Fairmont Empty
PostSubject: Summer task list for the Fairmont   Summer task list for the Fairmont Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 7:08 pm

My son is going to be taking the Fairmont back to college in the fall, so i've got about 8 weeks to get some things done on the car. It hasn't been more than a few miles from home since I swapped the engine. It's the things I've wanted to do, but never finished.

Tailpipes. Currently running stock Mustang H Pipe, mid pipes and mufflers.
Fuel lines. I'm using the stock lines from the 4 cyl, and they're dangerously close to the drivers side header. I think I'm going to order 3/8" line from summit, and just run a supply and return down the passenger rail.
Washer bottle I have one from a Fox mustang, but I think I need to pull the fender to install it. My cold air intake runs through where the battery used to live, and the battery was swapped to the other side where the washer tank used to be.
heaterIt needs a new heater core, and the coolant valve.

I'd love to get the posi in, and swap the front spindles, but that will only be if i have enough time. Wish me luck.
Back to top Go down
detroitiron2000

detroitiron2000

PostSubject: Re: Summer task list for the Fairmont   Summer task list for the Fairmont Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 8:18 pm

Good luck man! My list is just as long.

On the washer bottle, this weekend I went to a car show and there was ONE Fairmont there. The guy had installed a late 60's style water bottle (soft sided style). He said he found it on Dearborn Classics. It looks like a hot water bottle and hangs from a simple bracket. He then mounted the pump in the fender so you couldn't see it.

Just another option.

Don
Back to top Go down
Revolution909

Revolution909

PostSubject: Re: Summer task list for the Fairmont   Summer task list for the Fairmont Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 8:26 pm

Good luck man! make sure to post pics and take vids Very Happy

I have to:

1) Finish welding in SFC's
2) Put in torque box reinforcements
3) Get my rear end narrowed 2" a side and 9" ends put on.
4)Get Axel, gears and a spool.
5) Install rear end
6) Weld on south side bars
7) Buy and Weld in roll cage
Cool Do quicky rebuild on engine and install cam.
Back to top Go down
bigblockcowboy

bigblockcowboy

PostSubject: Re: Summer task list for the Fairmont   Summer task list for the Fairmont Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 11:27 pm

My list for now.
1. pretty up engine bay and engine
2. body and paint
3. interior and audio
4. wheels and tires
5. five lug conversion

Drivtrain mods will come as money permits, I want to keep it a nice cruiser for now. I've decided to go old school with the wheels and I'm going with 14x6 front and 15x9 rear Cragar S/S wheels. Undecided on tires, probably something that is fairly inexpensive but decent quality.
Back to top Go down
82_4Door

82_4Door

PostSubject: Re: Summer task list for the Fairmont   Summer task list for the Fairmont Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 8:46 am

Tailpipes arrived yesterday. I ended up ordering new Maremont pipes for a Mustang GT. I wasted so much time looking for pipes on Craigslist, and these were only like $80 shipped to my door. I don't know why I didn't do this sooner. I'm thinking i'll extend the mid pipes to compensate for the longer wheelbase and hopefully everything will fall in to place. One concern is the flex brake line leading to the rear diff. we'll see. Once the pipes are in, I can start to re route the fuel lines to the passenger side.
Back to top Go down
Jason

PostSubject: Re: Summer task list for the Fairmont   Summer task list for the Fairmont Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 9:04 am

I used a washer bottle/coolant over flow from a 90`s explorer. It pretty much bolted right in and holds alot more washer than the stock bottle ever did.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/678820
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Summer task list for the Fairmont   Summer task list for the Fairmont Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Summer task list for the Fairmont
Page 1 of 1