Ford Fairmont & Mercury Zephyr Owners and Enthusiast
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ford Fairmont & Mercury Zephyr Owners and Enthusiast

Scince : Jan 1st/2001 Orig.Fairmont 302 Forum Scince: Nov 8th/2008

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Like/Tweet
Latest topics
» '78 and '79 Fairmont and Zephyr ES
mustang - Mustang cage in a Fairmont??? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2022 11:19 pm by GrantBB

» Stymees'mont / Eric'c Fairmonts
mustang - Mustang cage in a Fairmont??? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2022 11:44 pm by GrantBB

» Window Weather Stripping
mustang - Mustang cage in a Fairmont??? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2022 2:06 am by GrantBB

» Fairmont at Nelson Ledges Road Course
mustang - Mustang cage in a Fairmont??? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2021 6:32 pm by GrantBB

» Latest track day video: Summit Point Shenandoah
mustang - Mustang cage in a Fairmont??? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2021 11:14 pm by GrantBB

» Back in the Fairmont saddle again.
mustang - Mustang cage in a Fairmont??? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2021 12:38 am by GrantBB

» New to the Group Texasfairmont from south Texas
mustang - Mustang cage in a Fairmont??? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2021 1:49 am by GrantBB

» 20 years of Fairmont 302
mustang - Mustang cage in a Fairmont??? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2021 7:45 pm by Stymees'mont

» Keep it or Scrap It ?
mustang - Mustang cage in a Fairmont??? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2020 3:50 pm by Red 78'

March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
free forum

Similar topics

Mustang cage in a Fairmont???

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Revolution909

Revolution909

mustang - Mustang cage in a Fairmont??? Empty
PostSubject: Mustang cage in a Fairmont???   mustang - Mustang cage in a Fairmont??? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 12:01 pm

I was just wondering if anyone's welded a mustang cage in their fairmont/zephyr?? I couldnt see why it wouldnt fit? Of course a few bars will need to be re done, I was thinking maybe just the ones that go from the main hoop to the rear shock towers??

Really I just need to know if the hoop would fit, I can make all the other straight bars, I just cant bend anything here....

Thanks

Xander
Back to top Go down
bigblockcowboy

bigblockcowboy

PostSubject: Re: Mustang cage in a Fairmont???   mustang - Mustang cage in a Fairmont??? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 12:46 pm

I'm pretty sure the hoop would work, it might be a touch small for the inside of a mont. Where are you getting the cage from? They would be able to tell you the measurments then you could measure the inside of the mont, but they should be the same
Back to top Go down
ybuy4n

ybuy4n

PostSubject: Re: Mustang cage in a Fairmont???   mustang - Mustang cage in a Fairmont??? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 7:03 pm

i have a competiton engineering cage originally for a stang hatch in my 81 mont.the hoop fits just fine,although not as tight as it would be to the body if it was designed for a mont.the back 2 down bars needed to have a slight bend put in to go thru the package tray.
S&Wracecars makes a cage specific for a fairmont.google them.
Back to top Go down
rancheronut

rancheronut

PostSubject: Re: Mustang cage in a Fairmont???   mustang - Mustang cage in a Fairmont??? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 6:40 pm

i like to put one in my woody wagon but i think it will be a custome kinda of cage.
Back to top Go down
ybuy4n

ybuy4n

PostSubject: Re: Mustang cage in a Fairmont???   mustang - Mustang cage in a Fairmont??? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 10:59 pm

my buddy with the ls1 fairmont wagon has a rollbar in his car.he used the main hoop in the regular place then used a hoop behind the rear seats and tied thm together the way you would a halo bar.works pretty well.you can hardly see the bars. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mustang cage in a Fairmont???   mustang - Mustang cage in a Fairmont??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mustang cage in a Fairmont???
Page 1 of 1